- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Quality Assurance Engineer
Operations & Technology
NBCUniversal’s Digital Technology team operates as a central technology group embedded across Ad Sales, Distribution, Marketing and Research as trusted IT partners working together to implement custom enterprise tools/solutions to effectively manage and grow NBCU’s Digital business. We work to provide relevant insights across our diverse digital portfolio to power intelligent data driven business decisions required to compete within today’s highly complex multi-platform and fragmented digital marketplace. Our Digital Tech team is responsible for evolving our mission-critical digital ad tech stack and ensuring the day-to-day business operations across our ad sales planning and ad operations teams in order to support our multi-million dollar ad-sales portfolio. In addition, we are responsible for continuously monitoring our production environments to ensure the optimal end-user video ad experience across our STB, OTT, desktop and mobile platforms. We constantly strive to innovate and discover new ways in which we can optimize our overall business processes by implementing new tools, systems and/or processes.
The Digital Technology team is looking for a highly collaborative Architect, Quality Assurance Engineer to lead short term and long term digital ad sales project and lead automation strategy! This person will be expected to work within a cross-functional team, partnering closely with our business teams, external IT teams and internal development teams to define the overall Agile methodology to when/how the QA team will insert themselves into the overall process.
Defining QA process/automation approach across our complex multi-platform (OTT, desktop and mobile) environments and ad integration/implementations (server side vs. client side) to ensure ads are seamlessly delivered into the end-user video experience accordingly to the requirements and ad specs defined by the business team
Defining the QA testing process and design automated system to reduce manual effort.
Evaluating and deploying centralized QA tool (i.e JIRA, Confluence, Qmetry, Zehphyr test rail etc.) to house all test scripts and manage QA test script execution and status
Defining the QA approach for new ad integrations and defining the on-going regression QA test scripts/approach for existing ad integrations
Perform QA Automation on highly complicated digital platforms such as iPhone, iPad and OTT devices (Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, etc.)
Continuously monitor and set up alerts to ensure the expected digital ad user video experience in production across STB, OTT, Mobile, Tablet and Desktop experiences; work with individual brands to troubleshoot potential player, CMS, ad-tag or video integration issues with our video and display ad-servers should issues arise
Collaborate with business users and internal technology partners to align platforms and services with key business priorities ensuring products, programs and projects are delivered on time and within budget managing risks appropriately with proactive mitigation and Communication.
• 5+ years of relevant systems and integrations QA experience
• 3+ years of relevant professional QA experience specific to digital ad media industry
• Technical Digital background with experience in site, mobile app and ad server integrations
• Experience in QA automation tools including Selenium, java, cucumber, Jenkins and/or other continuous integration platforms
• Experience in testing and troubleshooting Over the Top devices, networks and routers
• Experience in cloud automation transformation and technologies with Saucelabs, browserstack, AWS
• Experience/knowledge across the various ad servers, such as FreeWheel and DoubleClick (server side vs. client side)
• Experience troubleshooting Ad Serving issues, running Charles sessions, evaluating ad calls and event triggers
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology is preferred or other degree with significant related IT and/or QA background
• A passion for solving complex system and data challenges and desire to thrive in a constantly innovating and changing environment
• Ability to partner and influence key business stakeholders at all levels of the organization
• Flexible self-starter who enjoys
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.