- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
:Provide Product & Quality expertise by ensuring manufacturing standards are being met throughout the process. Provide first-line assistance to site supervisors with quality issues and dispositions.
• Be able to make quality release dispositions regarding color, pattern, and texture per product standard as requested with minimal assistance
• Provide final product inspections as required to ensure defects are identified and correctly categorized
• Be able to evaluate product reparability at Tufting and Finishing
• Assist with Claims Investigations
• Conduct Tufting quality control testing audits: must be able to verify pile heights, stitch per inch, texture and shade
• Monitor tufting machines for correct stitch, pile height, width, tickets and backing as requested
• Audit Tufting style changes according to specifications as requested
• Identify systems and procedures to increase the accuracy of inspection and re-inspect processes.
• Approve material for sample quality when needed
• Enter & update roll information into AS400
• Verify Tufting and Finishing Meters for accuracy
• Manage outside Broadloom Finishing Inspections; work with outside finishing associates to ensure orders are processed successfully
• Must be able to make decision on Shear level
• Manage Tufting, Finishing, & Service Center Re-Inspect
• Housekeeping: Keep areas clean and organized
• Other duties that may arise in Quality Control in order to keep department running
:• Must have a High-School or GED diploma.
• Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record
• Bilingual Spanish/English highly desired
• Proficient at using or willing to learn department specific software, hardware and equipment
• Must be highly skilled on computers; competency in MS Word, Excel and AS400 a must.
• Ability to lift or move 50 lbs.
• Ability to pass Ishihara Color Test
• Must be able or willing to learn to operate roll-up and lift truck
• Ability to distinguish between quality & off quality carpet
• Must be capable of frequent movement
• Must be able to learn to make decisions on quality dispositions and repair
• Must conform to safe work practices.
• Must be an effective team member with basic problem solving capabilities
• Must understand Hospitality end use requirements
• Basic understanding of WCM methodology is a plus
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Able to work independently in a fast paced work environment
• Strong problem solving skills
• Able to work in a warehouse environment with variable conditions
• Must be flexible on work schedule and able to work variable hours
About the company