- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Saint Paul
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the investigation, resolution and prevention of product and process nonconformance.
- Identifies and implements effective process control tactics, assurances and CAPA systems to support the development, qualification, and on-going manufacturing of products to meet or exceed internal and external requirements.
- Assist in the development and execution of streamlined business systems which effectively identify and resolve quality issues.
- Design and conduct experiments for process optimization and/or improvement
- Appropriately document experiment plans and results, including protocol writing and reports
- Participate in or lead teams in supporting quality disciplines, decisions, and practices (e.g., represent the Quality function as a Core Team Member)
- Identifies and implements effective process control tactics to support the development, qualification, and on-going manufacturing of products to meet or exceed internal and external requirements.
- Applies sound, systematic problem-solving methodologies in identifying, prioritizing, communicating, and resolving quality issues.
- Leads process control and monitoring of CTQ parameters and specifications.
- Leads in the completion and maintenance of risk analysis.
- Leads process verification and validation.
- Train others on processes and procedures impacting component and/or product quality.
- Listens to and understands others' points of view and articulates tactfully and respectfully one's own perspective orally, in writing, and in presentations.
- Works well with other engineers in a collaborative, fast-paced goal-driven environment.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences.
Experience and Required Education
- Two to five-years’ experience is typical for this position.
- BS degree in Engineering or Technical Field
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Operations and/or Design Experience.
- Electrical and Systems Engineering Experience
- Familiar with modern computer architecture and assembly.
- Project management and leadership skills, including the demonstrated ability to lead multi-departmental project teams and resolve quality-related issues in a timely and effective manner
- Engineering experience and demonstrated use of Quality tools/methodologies
- Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing
- Risk Management
- Working knowledge of FDA, GMP, ISO 13485, and/or ISO 14971
- Advanced information systems skills, information retrieval and interpretation, and report writing skills
- ASQ, CQE or other certifications
- Medical Device Quality Experience
United States Minnesota St. Paul Tech Center : One St Jude Medical Drive
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
- ms project
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.