- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Quality Engineering Team Lead - 90211838
Primary Location:US-New Jersey-Piscataway
Posting Range:4 Dec 2018 - Ongoing
Job Title: Quality Engineering Team Lead
Location: 40 Corporate Pl South, Piscataway, NJ
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
About Barclays in the US
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City. In 2017, Barclays announced plans to create a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey, for our Technology, Operations and Functional teams in the US. Other principal locations include Delaware, Nevada, Ohio and Maine.
About Quality Engineering
Quality Engineering establishes standards, certifies technology products and services, drives continuous integration/delivery strategy and provides governance oversight to all technology changes.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Overall Purpose of role
· Responsible for the leadership of QE team of Software Engineer in Tests and Testing Engineers
· To be an acknowledged expert in their field with proven experience of the techniques and tools being used across the development and testing lifecycle.
· Ensure success of continuous integration/continuous delivery and quality control through automation
· Drive innovation in test automation strategy and methodology
· Ensure the highest quality of test coverage, automation, risk assessment, governance and quality assurance for all technology initiatives and deliverables
· Build a team of competent and right skilled resources for overseeing test projects efficiently
· Responsible for the creation, maintenance and execution of test automation across all application layers for all BCUS’s technology solutions for new or enhanced IT systems
· Support incident and problem management for production environments; lead root cause analysis (RCA) capture information on technology related, and suggest process improvements.
· Drive solutions using Test Driven Development and Behavioral Driven Development
· Maintain an expert level awareness of relevant software automation techniques, automation tools and processes, providing leadership in the use of these across the organization area.
Build internal knowledge and CoEs - Retain & widen the knowledge pool of knowledge domain
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
· Manage stakeholders, internal customers and other groups and work in collaborated fashion
· Work with managers to make effective use of resources during the various stages of the work to ensure that business objectives are met and deliverables achieved to agreed time, cost and quality.
· Establish Quality Engineering standards and best practices for test automation and ensuring that these, and other mandatory standards and architectures, are adhered to.
· Ensure teams comply with organization processes - financial, vendor, HR, operations and resource management
· Establish mechanisms and procedures for the structured review of work produced and ensuring that these are adhered to.
· Ensure test and automation resources are adequately engaged during the entire development & delivery process, and the support and engagement is of the highest quality
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.