- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
- San Bruno
The YouTube Global Scaled Operations (GSO) team develops practical and innovative ways to address some of the most complex business challenges to keep YouTube thriving. We anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of our key clients, and understand how our range of product and service offerings can enable their business success. We also lead the global vendor strategy across all organizations, manage business risks, ensure we have great agreements, and deliver amazing client experiences for YouTube’s top customers and partners. Using influencing and relationship-building skills, we provide YouTube-caliber client service, legal guidance, research, and market analysis.
As a Quality Program Manager, you will steer the quality assurance program to ensure quality in vendor operations. You’ll set the standards for operational quality and ensure all vendor sites meet and exceed those goals. Partnering with operations experts, you’ll continuously fine tune the quality framework to improve customer experience and quality of the results. You’ll perform and audit quality reviews. You will conduct deep dives on the impact of quality and help us prepare for new launches to ensure our agents are well prepared.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in a quality control or quality management role.
- Experience in analyses.
- Track record of driving results.
- Ability to work with our partners (i.e., vendor operations and vendor agents) in a positive, productive way that encourages collaboration.
- Ability to work effectively cross-functionally. Ability to foresee and fix process gaps.
- Ability to create quality assurance processes that accurately audit performance and inform future training.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail when crafting operations and processes. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Build a global quality assurance program, driving consistency and continuous improvement across workflows/processes.
- Improve key performance indicators by evolving the quality assurance system to better measure and identify improvement opportunities in agent performance.
- Build relationships with members of cross-functional organizations to represent what agent skills drive effective performance.
- Work alongside YouTube’s online products/services teams to prepare for product launches and keep pace with product and policy changes.
- Leverage quality management principles like Six Sigma and Total Quality Management.
About the company
Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success.
We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate