- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Quantitative Analyst – Financial Services Risk Management – Quantitative Advisory Services – Trading Book – Financial Services Office (Manager) (Multiple Positions), Ernst & Young U.S. LLP, New York, NY.
Advise clients on Financial Services issues in the financial services industry, focusing on quantitative analysis. Deliver services in market risk, counterparty credit risk, risk management and governance, model development and implementation, model/system documentation, and model benchmarking while establishing relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. Design and apply quantitative techniques to help institutions develop and validate market risk modeling methodologies. Perform the practical application of advanced analytics techniques to help clients solve business problems and complex issues in the financial services industry. Apply statistical, economic, financial, or mathematical theories to process input data into quantitative estimates, which are used for identifying and measuring risks, valuing exposures, instruments or positions, conducting stress testing, assessing adequacy of capital, measuring compliance with internal limits, or meeting financial or regulatory reporting requirements. Demonstrate technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Communicate and interpret technical concepts to both technical and non-technical client stakeholders. Consistently deliver quality client services by leading teams, monitoring progress, managing risks and ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
Full time employment, Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm.
Must have Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Finance, Data Science or a related field and 5 years of progressive post-baccalaureate work experience in quantitative analysis.
Alternatively must have a Master's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Finance, Data Science or a related field and at least 4 years of work experience in quantitative analysis,
Alternatively must have a PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Finance, Data Science or a related field and 2 years of work experience in quantitative analysis.
Must have 2 years of work experience in at least 3 of the following areas:
- Financial product engineering or research and development
- Designing and developing quantitative methods and services for capital markets and derivative products
- Front Office (FO) pricing models, Market and Counterparty Credit Risk models, liquidity models, treasury function models, operational risk models or Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) models
- Statistical and numerical techniques and the principles of the theory of probability and stochastic calculus
- Functional knowledge related to some of the following: modeling knowledge of financial risks and derivative products (e.g., equity, FX, commodities, credit and interest rates), risk management, model development, model validation, advanced analytics (e.g., machine learning techniques)
- Functional experience in market risk modeling and associated methodologies and their role in the overall risk management framework.
- Advanced analytics models, building machine learning algorithms (using Random Forest, SVM, Deep Learning and similar techniques) or Blockchain development and application
- Big data, machine learning and AI techniques using one or combination of the following tools
Must have at least 2 years of work experience in at least 2 of the following programming languages
Must have at least 1 year of working experience managing projects and teams.
Requires domestic and regional travel up to 70% to serve client needs.
Employer will accept any suitable combination of education, training, or experience
TO APPLY: Please apply on-line at ey.com/us/jobsearch (Job Number – NEW00MZZ).
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
This particular position at Ernst & Young in the United States requires the qualified candidate to be a "United States worker" as defined by the
About the company
A multinational professional services firm headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It is one of the "Big Four" audit firms and is the third largest professional services firm in the world by aggregated revenue in 2014.