- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Quantitative Analyst- Prime Services - 90224671
Primary Location:US-New York-745 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY
Posting Range:20 Feb 2019 - Ongoing
Quantitative Analytics – Prime Services
As the Director of Quantitative Analytics Prime Services, you will be responsible to help grow the team and to partner with key stakeholders to drive the analytics agenda. QA Prime is a new team within the QA Desk Strategy group created to support the rapidly growing Prime Services business. QA Prime works closely with the business in developing analytics tools and models to help manage market and counterparty risk as well as inventory and financial resources. The team also partners with the business to explore and quantify revenue generation opportunities. The successful candidate will bring willingness to learn about the Prime Services business and strong technical background to develop new and improve existing analytics. He/she will also be involved in the end to end delivery as a manager as well as an individual contributor.
What will you be doing?
• You will be responsible for designing, developing and improving models and analytics in Prime business
• You will have the opportunity to liaise with Front Office and Technology and to deploy analytics in production
• You will work closely with traders to help making the business move efficient and the decision making process more transparent and data-driven.
• You will work with IT teams to deliver our solutions to the end users.
• You will partner with other QA teams to reuse solutions that exists in other areas of the firm
• You will be expected to have a critical eye on the established process/systems in order to question them in a positive, productive and efficient way.
What we’re looking for:
• Masters or PhD in a quantitative field (Mathematics/Physics/Computer Science/Engineering)
• 6+ years of working knowledge of Python and familiarity with C++
• 6+ years of relevant work experience
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Managerial or leadership experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to explain complicated concepts in a simple, non-technical way Strong analytical and numerical skills; critical thinking
• Prime Services or Financing experience or an in-depth knowledge of several asset classes, e.g. IR and EQ
• Familiarity and practical experience with statistics, data mining and machine learning
• Experience with data visualization tools and libraries (e.g. Jupyter, Bokeh, Dash)
Where will you be working?
Barclays’ U.S. headquarters is located at 745 Seventh Avenue in New York, NY. At Barclays, we offer you an engaging and challenging environment, giving you the opportunity to make the most of your unique set of skills. We also have an extensive range of learning and development initiatives designed to support you both personally and professionally.
About Barclays in the US
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City. In 2017, Barclays announced plans to create a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey, for our Technology, Operations and Functional teams in the US. Other principal locations include Delaware, Nevada, Ohio and Maine
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.