- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Santa Rosa
R&D Senior Group Manager - (190000LL)
For 40 years, National Instruments has worked with engineers and scientists to provide answers to the most challenging questions. Through these pursuits, NI customers have brought hundreds of thousands of products to market, overcome innumerable technological roadblocks, and engineered a better life for us all. Historically, National Instruments has been a top 100 employer of choice as ranked by several different sources. If you want to work on cool stuff at a cool company, you’re in the right place! Here’s a snippet of some of our core industry leadership.
Watch Video: 40 Years of NI Success
- 5 G – Setting world records in spectral efficiency using MIMO
- Internet of Things (IoT) - With NI’s technology providing unmatched capabilities in measurement, control, ruggedness, and connectivity, along with our expert ecosystem, you can realize the benefits of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) today.
- Semiconductor - NI semiconductor test customers report 10X improvement in test times while maintaining measurement and performance requirements.
- Autonomous Automotive - As vehicles advance towards autonomous operation, test engineers face drastically increasing system complexity while dealing with ever present cost and time pressure.
- Aerospace & Defense - NI provides industry-leading performance and accuracy with best-in-class synchronization for large systems, so you can get to the right decision faster.
More @: www.ni.com | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter | YouTube
R&D Senior Group Manager
Join the RF Wireless R&D team at National Instruments (NI) and work on products that are revolutionizing how wireless and broadband products are designed, built, and tested. Our award-winning products continue to push the envelope in cutting edge RF, Software Defined Radio, and microwave designs coupled with state-of-the-art processing solutions using FPGAs and GPPs. We are looking for a talented, highly-motivated leader who desires a challenging position and can lead R&D teams to the continued success of our RF/Wireless products. This individual will manage the RF HW development teams at NI-Santa Rosa. If you are a motivated leader looking for a unique challenge and a rewarding experience, please apply at www.ni.com/careers.
- Lead the R&D organization at NI in Santa Rosa, driving the development strategy of the RF product line. Technology includes products ranging from RF test and measurement products to Software Defined Radio front ends.
- Transformational leadership of teams that consist of highly talented analog, digital, software, and RF/microwave development engineers and supporting personnel
- As a part of the NI organization, this leader will be required to partner cross functionally and globally with managers and engineers of various levels and areas of responsibilities
- Manage the growth and development of managers and engineering talent within the team and drive career growth for employees
- Lead the development teams to deliver innovative products into a variety of RF test, measurement, SDR and wireless prototyping markets, with an emphasis on breakthrough products and technologies released on aggressive timelines
- Drive cross-functional and cross-geographical alignment between all stakeholders (senior management, marketing, manufacturing) on product definition, feature set, and timelines
- Manage and grow a multi-million-dollar product line, delivering visionary products that address cutting edge applications like 5G New Radio prototyping and test
- Interact with and communicate effectively with other leaders, managers, technologists, product strategists, and senior management to define, direct, and execute on the evolution of the hardware and software strategy
- Develop and execute to multi-year product road maps
- Manage multiple projects from concept to release, utilizing abilities to drive project schedules with aggressive timelines
- 10+ years of experience in technology development and leadership positions related to RF and wireless products
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering required. MS or PhD preferred
- Strong technical background, with ability to lead technical managers and teams of engineers from multiple disciplines (electrical, mechanical, software, marketing, etc.)
- Demonstrated leadership skills in complex environment with ability to motivate and inspire a talented team of managers, technicians, and engineers
- Familiarity with RF and telecommunication test and measurement equipment
- Experience with RF, microwave, semiconductor, and mmWave design (familiarity with hybrid micro-circuit design and assembly processes is a plus)
- Ability to make trade-offs and drive decisions that balance multiple inputs and satisfy a rich set of criteria
- Successful track record in new hardware product development with demonstrated achievement guiding the complete product development cycle from concept to product release
- Must possess strong project management skills to lead hardware product development while balancing product quality, cost, delivery timelines
- Exposure to proprietary and open source Software based systems, and RF/microwave and wireless circuits and systems
- Familiarity with complex localized and distributed HW/SW systems-architectures (familiarity with ATCA form factor is a plus
- Knowledge of programming language (LabVIEW, C++, C#, Python)
- Experience working with teams distributed across multiple geographical locations, domestic and international
- Proven record of working closely with marketing, product strategists, and sales teams to set and achieve aligned business objectives
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed. Travel is expected to be less than 10%
- Proven ability to provide direction, coach, motivate and mentor all levels of employees
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to professionally present and defend position from business and technical standpoints (to customers and internal)
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude
Primary Location: US-CA-Santa Rosa
Work Locations: US - CA, Santa Rosa
110 Stony Point Road Suite 105
Santa Rosa 95401
Job: R&D Program Management
Business Unit: Product R&D
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Standard
Job Posting: May 2, 2019, 8:07:16 PM
About the company
National Instruments Corporation, or NI, is an American company with international operation. It is a producer of automated test equipment and virtual instrumentation software. Common applications include data acquisition, instrument control and machine vision.