- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
ABOUT MARINHEALTH MEDICAL CENTER:
Come and be a part of our healing team at the award-winning MarinHealth Medical Center. We are Marin County’s only full-service acute care hospital and a vital resource for a wide range of essential healthcare services. Our mission — and our pride — is to serve our community with the healing care they want and deserve. We attract the finest physicians and employees who appreciate having the best of both worlds: high quality care on par with an academic medical center combined with the personalized, caring touch of an independent hospital.
WHAT WE OFFER
MarinHealth Medical Center offers a generous suite of employee benefits, which includes a comprehensive and rich health benefits program (medical, dental, vision and prescription plans). Our robust Wellness @ Work program (e.g. onsite health & fitness classes, discounts, etc) also promotes a healthier lifestyle for employees and to support you on your Healthy Healer journey. Other benefits include, but are not limited to, a 403(b) contribution plan and company-funded retirement plan, life insurance, vacation, holiday and sick leave, which you will start accruing immediately. Our benefits are highly competitive and considered to be one of the best in the Bay Area! Find your healing place at MarinHealth Medical Center
External hires must pass a background check and medical screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any other classifications protected by federal, state & local laws.
The Radiology Department at MarinHealthuses state of the art computer technology along with radiation, sound waves, and magnetic resonance to diagnose ailments. The Interventional Radiology Department goes one step further using x-rays to perform non-invasive procedures such as angioplasty for treatment without surgery.
MarinGeneral uses a 64 and 256slice CT Scanner. Our Radiology Technologists are highly cross trained, licensed individuals who perform x-rays, CT Scans, MRIs, Ultrasounds, and aid the Radiologists in Interventional procedures.
Formal training in an accredited Radiological program with either a Associates degree in Radiological Sciences, or a B.A. / B.S. from a four year University
Minimum of five years full time experience as a paid Radiological Technologist in an acute care facility
Required possession of valid California Certified Radiological Technologist Certificate (CRT)
Possession of certification in one additional radiological modality in addition to Radiography and Fluoroscopy. Certification can be, but is not limited to CT scan, Ultrasound, Nuclear Medicine, or Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Possession of membership in good standing with American Registry of Radiological Technologists (ARRT) required for new hires after January 1, 1983
Required Possession of valid BLS Healthcare Provider Level with American Heart.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Competently performs all diagnostic imaging examinations as outlined in the department policy and procedure manual
- Accurately correlates patient clinical history with the Radiology exam to be performed
- Competently uses universal precautions when working with patients in isolation status and in sterile surgery
- Competently assists with department clerical functions
- Attends and participates in department meetings monthly, must attend 10 of 12 meetings
- Keeps current with changes in policy and procedure
- May require work shift rotation in order to participate in training
- Ability to accurately troubleshoot radiology equipment in order to knowledgeably communicate need for repair to service personnel
- Uses effective critical thinking skills in order to implement alternative methods when problems arise so that satisfactory solutions are achieved
- Knowledgeable about equipment down time procedures for Radiology Information System, Computer Radiology System (CR) and PACS
- Accurately prioritizes work assignments
- Effectively schedules work load for maximum productivity
- Effectively responds to emergency situations. Able to integrate emergency work into regularly scheduled responsibilities
- Develops and maintains effective work relationships with management, staff; patients, and physicians
- Accurately uses hospital information system to process patient information
- Accurately uses Radiology Information system, CR and PACS in order to process patient information
- Keeps current with changes, revisions, and continuing education in Radiology Information System
- Maintains all clinical competencies
- Attends continuing education in order to maintain certification, licensure, and accreditation
- Constantly promotes a positive and professional image in the hospital
- Performs special projects at the request of Radiological Technologist IV or Director
About the company