- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Did you take a break from the professional world to pursue other priorities? Do you want to develop technologies and create solutions that significantly improve patients' lives? If you are an experienced, high-caliber engineer eager to return to engineering after a break of two or more years, this “Returnship” program is for you.
This four month paid internship will refresh your technical skills while you work with a market leader in healthcare. In addition to key job responsibilities, we provide technical training, professional development, and peer mentoring with full access to the R&D engineering community at Ethicon and the possibility of becoming a full time employee with the most dynamic health care organization in the world, Johnson & Johnson.
Ethicon Endo- Surgery, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer, Surgical Robotics, R&D, located in Cincinnati, OH for our ReIgnite Program.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today. This is an opportunity for a key role in bringing exciting new products to market to support the J&J / Google robotics venture. Ground-floor position to help grow and build a new J&J business unit, enabling significant professional growth.
This Design Engineer, Surgical Robotics will work with internal and external teams to develop highly articulated surgical instruments to interface with a novel surgical robot. This position will lead the definition, design, development, implementation, and robotic integration of these key surgical instruments.
This qualified individual will collaborate with internal and external customers, partners, and consultants to effectively communicate and deliver novel surgical instruments to market.
• A current career break from engineering of two or more years
• An undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university in engineering
• Minimum of 3 years in Mechanical product design, excluding internships.
• Previous experience working in a collaborative and diverse environment
• Experience designing, developing, and launching medical products or regulated industry is preferred.
• Strong mechanical design and analysis skills is required
• The ability to develop and utilize 3D CAD models, FMEA’s, GD&T, tolerance analysis, FEA, DOE’s, simulated use testing, and statistical analysis is preferred
• Excellent collaboration and teaming skills to work with manufacturing engineering and suppliers to understand the considerations associated with Design for Manufacturing (DFM), Design to Cost (DTC), and working with other team members and consultants to produce prototypes and optimize designs for manufacturability is preferred.
• Understanding of quality system / regulatory environment is preferred.
• Designing test procedures, coordinating tests, analyzing results, and developing written reports is required.
• Project Management skills are preferred.
• Understand of design control; the ability to develop and execute design plans, design verification and validation is preferred
• Ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to define and co-develop complex electro-mechanical tool / robot interfaces is preferred.
• This position is located in Cincinnati
Ethicon is excited to launch a pilot program through the WISE initiative (Women in Science & Engineering) for Experienced Interns!
Re-Ignite, our new program, is designed to increase the pipeline of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) talent who are returning from a two or more-year career break.
This program provides the opportunity for professionals to get back
About the company
If you’re thinking about taking your career to a place where you can be seen for the talent you bring to your work, where you’ll have a chance to be the driver of your own career, and where others share your passion for caring and success, then we invite you to explore Johnson & Johnson. BE VITAL in your career and make a unique mark. Join the approximately 129,000 men and women who work within our companies and touch the lives of more than a billion people around the world every day.