- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Position Title: Records and Registration Assistant
Department: Records and Registration
Reports To: Registrar
Anticipated Starting Date: January 06, 2020
Starting Salary: $15.92/ hour
Excellent benefit package, including medical, dental, vacation, paid sick leave, and tuition benefit. For more details about benefits, go to https://www.nmc.edu/hr/ and click on Salaries and Benefits, or request a copy from the Office of Human Resources.
The position provides customer service and support for the functions within the assigned department, including clerical and administrative services, customer service, data entry and reporting, communications, and department representative activities.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATES and LICENSES
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years experience in an office setting
- Minimum 2 years experience in customer service and telephone etiquette
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast paced office setting while meeting assigned work deadlines
- Ability to work cohesively with students, staff, faculty, and/or others
- Demonstrated experience using Banner enterprise or other database system
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Associate's degree
- Experience assisting with event planning and execution
- Experience in higher education working with academic records
FOUNDATIONAL COMPETENCIES: Essential for all NMC employees
- Ethical behavior and integrity
- Commitment to quality service, responsible stewardship, continuous improvement
- Agility/adaptability/tolerance for ambiguity
- Accountability/personal responsibility
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Create/Contribute to a culture of innovation and thoughtful risk-taking
- Collaboration/Team work
- Value all people
Supervises others in accordance with NMC's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding, recognizing employees; addressing performance problems or gaps.
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position.
Applications submitted by 4:30 pm on November 14, 2019 will receive first consideration. Applications must be submitted online at http://www.nmc.edu/jobs. For assistance call 231-995-2612 or 1-800-748-0566 x52612 or email email@example.com .
Non-Discrimination Policy Notice
Northwestern Michigan College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, height, weight, marital status or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities and admissions. nmc.edu/nondiscrimination
Michigan Law requires that a person with a disability or handicap requiring accommodation for employment must notify the employer in writing within 182 days after the need is known.
- customer service
- human resources