- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $10.09 - $15.40 gross per hour
- Grand Prairie
The purpose of this position is to supervise recreational facilities within the City.This is accomplished by maintaining the interior facilities; overseeing the operations of the facility; developing and implementing recreational programs; and maintaining communication for the facility.Other duties include handling cash and closing the cash register; and interacting with other City employees and citizens.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains the interior of facilities by removing trash from floors by sweeping and mopping; organizing office and equipment area; submitting reports for repairs or needed equipment as needed; cleaning and organizing storage area; cleaning the restroom and game room.
- Oversees the operations of the facility by supervising hallway; handing out equipment; directing customers to the proper location; promotes programs to patrons; performing record keeping; updating class records daily; and overseeing distribution of paperwork such as disclaimer sheets, receipts books, logs, and other documentation.
- Develops and implements recreational programs by overseeing gym programs; assisting in the schedule of classes; coordinating classes and rentals; teaching classes; and playing games with children.
- Maintains communication for the facility by communicating with customers about questions, suggestions, activities, and complaints; assisting with computerized publications; answering phones; making reservations for parties; greeting customers; reporting any suggestions and complaints to the supervisor; and interacting with public participants and school official.
- Handles cash and closes cash register by accepting payments; making receipts; recording money that was received; ensuring that customers were charged properly by having knowledge of all program times and prices; counting money for the day; separating petty cash; and placing money in the safe.
- High school diploma or GED preferred. An Associate's degree or two years of college with major course work in leisure services, park administration, or a related field preferred.
- Recreationexperience highly preferred.
- Valid Texas Class C Driver's License and CPR/First Aide Certification
- Ability to recognize meaning of common two- or three-syllable words.Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to perform the four basic arithmetic operations.Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to write simple sentences containing subject, verb, and object, and/or series of numbers, names, and addresses.Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- The employee normally performs the duty assignment after receiving detailed instructions as to methods, procedures, and desired end results with little room for deviation. Close and constant review is given.
- No responsibility for the direction or supervision of others.
- Normal tasks require use of definite procedures, with little deviation.Work requires little or no analysis or judgment.
- Discussion Frequent:From 21% to 50% of work time.