- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $32,206.00 - $41,568.00 gross per year
- Plan, coordinate, and implement a comprehensive recreation program that promotes physical fitness and good health and wellness to the inmate population at Leath Correctional Institution.
- Identify activities for the entire inmate population including continuous tournament activities and passive recreation activities.
- Select, train, and provide daily supervision for inmate recreation assistants.
- Requisition, control, and maintain equipment/supplies.
- Conduct training on rules, methods, and techniques for activities.
- Conduct physical fitness and health education classes.
- Coordinates volunteers and community resources to assist.
- Supervise hobby-craft program.
- Maintain recreational facilities/areas.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:
Recruiting and Employment Services
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of South Carolina Minimum Requirements:
High school diploma and relevant experience or a Bachelor's Degree in Physical Education, Recreation, Therapeutic Recreation or a related field can be substituted for experience.
(Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC Minimum Requirements:
Two (2) years of experience in the recreation field to include instruction in Health Education, Physical Fitness and Intramural Competition.
Mustattend SCDC basic training.
This position is recruited through NEOGOV only; you must apply online via this website to be considered for this position.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
- human resources