- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $34,673.00 - $43,347.00 gross per year
- Blue Springs
Plans, organizes, and supervises health and fitness programs, general recreation programs in the areas of fitness, sports and general recreation and special events; and, develops and markets diverse program opportunities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Plans, implements, organizes, supervises and evaluates fitness center, fitness classes, group exercise classes, personal training program, recreation programs and special events.
2. Plans, schedules and teaches a variety of fitness-related classes and workshops.
3. Provides customer service to visitors and members of the Blue Springs Fieldhouse, signing-in and registering new members, conducts tours and orientations, collects receipts and accounts for daily rental fees and day passes.
4. Provides health assessments and conducts, group or one-on-one, safe and effective fitness orientations.
5. Selects, hires, and trains paid and volunteer staff.
6. Assists in scheduling and marketing the Blue Springs Parks and Recreation Department, Blue Springs Fieldhouse and fitness center and its various programs including but not limited to: Phone Calls, Flyers, Health Fairs and Special Events.
7. Assists in identifying, developing, and maintaining new and current fitness and recreational programming.
8. Assists in determining fitness program fiscal needs and the preparation and maintenance of the Department's budget.
9. Assists with program registration and building operations.
10. Ensures the safety of all visitors to the Blue Springs Fieldhouse by enforcing facility rules and regulations.
11. Maintain certification records of instructors and staff.
12. Conducts building inspections, fitness equipment inspections, cleaning inspections and ensure maintenance tasks are completed to ensure health/safety of participants.
13. Create weekly reports detailing upcoming important dates, new initiatives, staffing reports, marketing efforts, changes to the area of responsibility and items of note.
14. Set annual objectives to improve services based on annual staff evaluations and customer service evaluations/feedback.
15. Assists other staff with facility programs and supervision.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Education and Special License(s)/Certifications – Bachelor's degree in exercise physiology, corporate wellness, recreation or leisure administration or related field. Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain valid state driver's license, cardiopulmonary resuscitation certification, and first aid certification. Personal Training certification is a plus.
Experience – Two-year experience in fitness, corporate wellness, recreation, leisure services or related field.
SKILLS, MENTAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Skills – Skill in effective verbal and written communication; skill in the effective administration of City and Department policies and procedures; skill in the operation of common office machines; skill in evaluating job applicant qualifications and employee performance.
Mental Requirements – Ability to organize, plan, and direct the work of subordinate staff; ability to prepare and maintain accurate records and reports; ability to identify trends, program needs, and opportunities within the recreation field; knowledge of recreational and senior programs; knowledge of the principles and practices of recreational program management.
Physical Requirements – Must be able to sit, stand, walk, talk, and hear frequently; must be able to frequently use hands to operate, finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or office machines; must be able to frequently reach with hands and arms; must be able to occasionally life, move, push, pull, or transport up to 25 pounds at least 15 feet; must have close vision and the ability to adjust focus frequently. Most work is performed in a modern office setting, which is usually moderately quiet; other work is performed in various aquatic, athletic, recreational, or performing arts settings where noise levels are frequently moderate to loud, and occasionally loud.
Supervisory Responsibility – Provides supervision to assigned professional, clerical, and volunteer staff.