- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Recurring - Remote Senior Graphics Interface Coordinator is responsible for creation and execution of the on air scoreboard graphic during games on any of the various ESPN platforms. This position provides the viewer with live game information including but not limited to, score, time, penalties, team/player stats or bios and any other pertinent game information in an accurate yet timely manner. This requires the ability to be able to react quickly to game action as well as follow along with the Production crew to help show the story lines of the game. Graphics Interface Coordinators will be asked to travel based on the sport needs and locations as well as commonly work holidays and weekends.
- The ability to assemble and network multiple computer scoring systems.
- Enter scoring data quickly and accurately. This may also include showing a wide range of statistical, team or game reset information as dictated by the game action and production team.
- Work closely with Associate Producer on building interfaced graphics.
- Troubleshoot system problems and provide quick diagnosis and resolution.
- Connecting to the in-house scoreboard for clock data when applicable.
- Provide detailed post-game reports.
- Updating Wiki site with stadium scoreboard connection and location information.
- Provide technical maintenance for assigned systems and system components.
- Provide support for fellow on-site event operators.
Basic Qualifications :
- Valid Driver’s License is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of Production or related experience.
- Expert-level sports knowledge, including rules of the game and historical information.
- Meticulous attention to detail in striving for 100 percent accuracy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to react quickly to change.
- Possess a strong computer background with ability to network and troubleshoot.
- The ability to expertly communicate and work within a team atmosphere.
- Self-motivated individual who strives to constantly improve processes with new or more efficient uses of technology.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Reacts well to stress and pressure in a live production environment.
- Ability to work weekends, nights and holidays, and travel, when required.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Has played and/or coached sports in the past.
- Experience working in other related roles, such as spotting (GISP/Spotter) or statistical support (GIST) roles.
- Experience training new personnel in one or more GIC related role (GIC/GICSL/GISP/GISPER/GIST).
Required Education :
- High School diploma or equivalent
Preferred Education :
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Additional Information :
- This position will allow flexibility to work in remote U.S. / lower 48 state locations and not exclusive to Bristol, CT.
About the company
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.