- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Job TitleRegional Chapter Engagement OfficerPosting NumberStaff 2014001019FLSANon-ExemptLevelFull-time/ Part-timeFull-timeIs this a temporary Position?No Position Summary Information
Job Description SummaryPosition Responsibilities
Regional Chapter Development- - Recruit and train chapter volunteers (there are approximately 30 chapters located throughout the United States)
- Set event schedules and coordinate event planning for approximately 120 regional events per year
- Analyze chapter constituency reports; prepare and distribute results annually to volunteers
- Develop strategies for regional alumni events in non-chapter area, maintaining one to two events annually
- Review development data in correlation with geographic regions to target alumni programming
- Travel to provide event support and serve as staff host for various Alumni Association and University sponsored events off-campus when necessary
- Serve as staff liaison for the Alumni Leadership Board Regional Chapter
Committee and conduct monthly/quarterly conference calls
- Perform weekly reconciliation report of payment collection for all event forms
Electronic Communications & Marketing- - Create and implement marketing campaigns annually to drive up registered alumni community members and continuously work to improve the percentage of “good” contact for alumni
- Includes 20% travel, evenings and weekends
- Build requested emails & newsletters for various affinity groups and campus constituents
- Design and activate online forms for the purpose of registering for events (on and off campus), collecting information, collecting payment and donations for multiple departments,
organizations and student groups
- Work with Clarkson staff members and alumni volunteers and train them in specific online community tools and/or provide tech support for various web/design programs as needed.
- Write and prepare promotional and training materials, handbooks, brochures and mailings, as well as articles used to spotlight alumni (and the association) in the e-newsletter
- Conducts periodic data analysis on information collected between all databases used in Development & Alumni Relations
- Coordinates our CU Live! Webinar program, which includes planning and marketing approximately six virtual workshops on skill development to alumni
Volunteer Engagement- - Recruit volunteers to assist with Development, Admissions, & Career Service objectives
- Develop training programs and marketing materials to attract alumni volunteers
- Generate student interest in programs that require alumni volunteers
- Build a volunteer network to increase alumni engagement critical to identifying and fostering a strong pipeline of involvement and creating opportunities for alumni to connect
- Monitor and evaluate volunteer activity and recommends alumni for increased involvement
Experience, and SkillsBachelor’s Degree required.
0 to 2 years of experience in the areas of institutional advancement, event planning, volunteer management or related fields such as marketing, management or communications.
Experience, and SkillsPreference will be given to a Clarkson alumnus/alumna.
Masters Degree preferred.
3 to 5 years working with web-based marketing and communications programming. 3 to 5 years of event planning and volunteer management.
Preference will be given to Clarkson University alumni.
Physical DemandsWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, bend and stoop. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Clarkson is committed to complying with the guidelines set forth under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Posting Detail Information
Close DateOpen Date12/03/2019Open Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions for this PostingAn equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Clarkson University actively seeks and encourages applications from minorities, women and people with disabilities.
All offers of employment are subject to the applicant successfully passing a background check (including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, and criminal records).
Reference Request Details
Maximum Number of Reference Requests2Minimum Number of Reference Requests0Posting Specific QuestionsRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Academic Keys
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Clarkson Website
- Massena-Potsdam Courier Observer
- Hispanic Outlook
- IM Diversity
- Insight Into Diversity
- New York Job Bank
- North Country This Week
- St. Lawrence Plaindealer
- Veterans Administration
- Watertown Daily Times
- Ogdensburg Journal
- Employee Referral
- Alumni Referral
- Conference Referral
- Discipline specific journals
- Discipline specific website
- Times Union
- I do not wish to answer
- What is the highest level of completed education that you currently hold?
- Highschool Diploma/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- ABD (all but disertation)
- How do you embrace Diversity? (Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed to ApplyRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1