- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Regional Property Manager (RPM) will oversee and manage all properties within their assigned territory.
The RPM is responsible for ensuring that each property is achieving their financial and operational goals by providing oversight and exceptional leadership to all property personnel.
Essential Job Functions Including but not limited to the following:
- Analyze monthly performance against budget and adjust operating strategy accordingly.
- Achieve leasing and retention goals, collection of revenues, operate within budget forecast, communicate all variances to immediate supervisor.
- Personally inspect each property in the region on a regular basis (both scheduled and unscheduled visits), assuring the marketability of the community, both interior and exterior.
- Ensure that each property meets and exceeds submarket occupancy, meets and exceeds rents of comparable communities in submarket, maintains acceptable turnover and resident retention performance.
- Monitor move-out procedures, including Status and Make Ready Boards to assure apartments are being made ready within the EPM standard time.
- Oversee and personally spot check turnaround standards, i.e.
carpet repair or shampoo, painting and appliance repair, whether performed in-house or by outside contractors.
- Evaluate the condition of the landscape/curb appeal with the Property Manager and develop a plan for maintaining curb appeal by either in-house or contract labor.
- Review and appraise every detail of the monthly Cash Flow Operating Reports/Budget for each property, analyze areas for increasing income and reducing costs.
Communicate major deviations in writing to immediate supervisor.
- Maintain control over expenditures at the community level, reviewing for approval of non-budgeted expenditures.
- Monitor and maintain compliance with EPM policy and procedures during Property Management Takeover and Property Dispositions.
- Analyze and evaluate personnel needs throughout the region, including management, leasing and maintenance personnel.
- Effectively train, motivate, and assess staff on consistent basis in accordance with company policy.
- Assist with EPM policy compliance to limit exposure by arranging for proper training and ongoing education for on-site personnel.
- Assure adherence to government regulation and EPM policy regarding sensitive issues including Fair Housing, Equal Employment Opportunity, Americans with Disabilities Act, Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA).
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing exceptional customer services.
This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for resident services, and evaluation of resident satisfaction in accordance with marketing guidelines.
- Strong ability for bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences amongst team members.
- Enhancing skills of existing employees for current and future responsibilities.
- Assuming a leadership role in decision making.
- Developing and supporting positive resident relations strategies.
- Objectively evaluating employees' performance; recognizing achievements and assisting employees in overcoming problem areas whenever possible.
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related discipline
- CAM certification (Preferred)
- COS or TCS certification (Preferred)
- The last 5-7+ years' experience at senior-management (regional manager level or higher) level with multi-site portfolio of at least 3,000 units in a professional property management organization.
- Primary focus on multi- family (Class B & C properties) and affordable housing types such as Sec 42/LIHTC, Sec 236, Sec 202, and Sec 8 preferred.
- Proficient in landlord tenant law and Fair Housing Act
- Strong working knowledge of RealPage Onesite and MS Office (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Demonstrated experience with budgeting and financial reporting
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to motivate and lead a team
- Travel required up to 75%