- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Since 1961, Precoat Metals (www.precoat.com) has been setting the standards in the coil coatings industry worldwide. We are committed to this level of quality in both our product line and customer service, and focus our resources on investigating and implementing new coil coating technologies, developing unique coatings, ink and film systems, and designing multifaceted prints while reducing the cycle time to market. We are able to achieve this "culture of excellence" thru the hard work and talent of the people on our team.
Are you focused onprocess quality, continuous improvement, claims management, and training to ensureoperations meet or exceed external and internal quality requirements? If you answered yes, then our Regional Quality Manager is the career opportunity for you.Together with the Regional General Manager, Vice President – Manufacturing and Vice President – Quality & Technical Service you'll developand executean actionable plan and priorities for our Eastern region. This position can be based at either our Birmingham, AL orColumbia, SC plants and also support ourBaltimore, MD plant.
As the selected RQM, you will ensure that the region is:
- Adhering to a quality control plan, with specific parameters developed pursuant to customer demands
- Driving compliance with process quality assurance protocols
- Evaluating and implementing corrective actions
- Ensuring new technology is successfully implemented and embraced
- Identifying opportunities to assist our customers & provide value-added services
- Partnering with corporate resource to ensure that ISO procedures are being implemented and followed
Additionally, you will be
- Actively participating in trials for the region; ensuring "critical-to-quality" factors are addressed prior to run
- Ensuring corrective action effectiveness and assisting the plants with identifying quality improvement initiatives
- Developing and training the plant quality team and technical service staff; ensuring standard work is in place for each position; identifying competency gaps and providing training or resources to correct
- Directing the technical service reps - ensuring claims are handled in timely manner, appropriate corrective actions are implemented, and reps are partnering with the plants to resolve problems
- Evaluating and implementing best practices across the region
- Identifying opportunities for kaizen events and leading and/or overseeing the effective implementation
- Identifying systemic problems in a region , specifying projects related to those areas and following up to measure progress
- Reviewing claims set to be denied to ensure research is completed accurately
What education, skills & experience will you need to take the regions quality to the next level?
Bachelor’s Degree in Metallurgy and/or Material Sciences.
Master’s in Metallurgy and/or Material Sciences Degree preferred.
7-10 years progressive quality management experience in a coil coating setting and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Blackbelt strongly preferred – will be required within 24 months of assuming the position.
Communicates well with all levels of management.
Ability to quickly learn new tasks.
Must be flexible and able to balance priorities.
Strong oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal/negotiation skills.
Good organizational skills.
Must be willing to work in a plant environment,
Must be able to travel up to 50% with limited notice.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Precoat Metals is a Drug Free Workplace
- customer service
- quality control