- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Founded in 2008, Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 5+ million unique places to stay in more than 81,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 15,000 unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ cities around the world. Airbnb's people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
In order to build the world's most loved travel company, we need the world's most interesting and talented people. Are you one of them? If so, we want to talk to you!
Role & Responsibilities
The Americas Safety & Security Manager will keep our employees and our operations in the Americas free from danger; all while contributing to and protecting the company culture we are so proud of. This role is responsible for managing physical and personnel security as well as safety operations in the Americas (both North and South America), which includes three large offices (Portland, Seattle, and Montreal) as well as 13 other small offices. San Francisco/headquarters operations are not included in the scope of this role.
- Manage, through subordinates where applicable, the day-to-day security and safety operations for the Americas offices
- Work closely with the Global Safety and Security operational team to create and maintain security protocols and guidelines for Americas locations to include (but not limited to) access control standards and policies, security guard operations and deployment, technical security solutions, safety and emergency preparedness protocols and training for staff, physical security design for new and existing offices, liaison with individual offices’ local law enforcement, etc.
- Serve as a front line crisis manager for incidents occurring in Americas’ offices
- Lead the security staff assigned to all Americas offices
- Through subordinates where applicable, ensure incidents are fully investigated and provide well-articulated incident reports, briefings, and after action recommendations to leadership
- In collaboration with the Health and Safety Manager, ensure staff in offices throughout the Americas are trained on occupant emergency plans and incident response protocols
- Serve on the office development team for new office builds in your region; in concert with the S&S Buildouts Manager, identify the right physical and operational security support required for new office builds
- Develop and sustain relationships with Workplace Managers and Coordinators throughout the Americas in order to support the delivery of security operations in offices without a dedicated security presence
- Work closely with the Safety and Security Threat Assessment and Investigations Manager, provide threat and risk assessment expertise to cross-functional teams such as Talent, Legal, Trust and Safety, and Customer Support
- 10+ years experience managing safety and security operations, ideally in technology or creative office environments
- Experience developing and maintaining comprehensive security/safety programs and plans
- Crisis and emergency management experience, preferably as a first responder or incident commander
- Excellent time management skills and ability to competently juggle numerous competing priorities
- Experience developing and managing security budgets
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience reviewing architectural plans and planning security designs for access control preferred
- Must be highly adaptable and flexible
- Must have a positive attitude and hunger for learning
- Able to build partnerships and work collaboratively cross-functionally
- Creative and entrepreneurial
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; however, years of experience may be substituted for education
- Portuguese and Spanish language skills a plus but not required
- Willingness to travel between 10-20% of the time