- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Job Role and Responsibilities
The Sales Director is a position that is responsible for leading a team of Account Executives. You will be responsible for building, developing and managing an experienced sales team and acting as the front-line executive to recruit management team. In turn, ensuring that these managers effectively recruit, hire, develop and lead a tiered sales team
- You will have the ability to build a complex territory strategy to ensure both short and long-term goals, objectives and quotas for the sales managers and their teams
- You will generally split time 50 - 50 between managing a team and customer interfacing calls
- Works closely with their extended sales team (including, but not limited to SE Manager, PSO Manager, Inside Sales Manager, Channel Manager, Recruiting, etc.) to generate new business opportunities
- Travel: 50%+ of the time
- Minimum 8 years in managing quota carrying sales teams with demonstrated achievement
- Experience managing quota and delivering forecasts
- Proven ability to coach for both short and long-term results
- Proven ability to enroll both the core and your extended team in your long-term strategy.
- Proven approach to manage both under-performing and high-performing employees.
- We are interested in individuals who embody our EPIC2 values: Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community
- Self-starter who takes initiative and works with limited direction
- Experience managing complex deal shaping (software, hardware, services, partner, customer overhead, etc.)
- History of strong relationship building with customers and channel partners
- Proven ability to work effectively with and across all levels of business and IT contacts within very large and complex organizations
- Highly trusted individual who maintains and expects high standards for self and team - Analyzes available data and makes decisions which are best for VMware
- Education/Experience - BA/BS degree or higher
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware
"This position is eligible for the JoinCommercial Enhanced ERP Campaign"
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Field Sales
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-05-14
Sales: VMware's Sales team focuses on two primary goals: helping customers solve their biggest business problems and hitting our bookings targets to keep our company growing and strong. We begin by forging deep relationships with our customers, so we can truly understand their business challenges and opportunities. We help drive their digital transformation by bringing VMware solutions that provide the speed, agility, and efficiency needed to compete and grow in the Internet economy. We also try to make the world a better place by hosting and participating in community activities. Are you inspired by the chance to solve your customers' biggest challenges? You can make that kind of difference with VMware's portfolio of industry-leading solutions. Join our team, and you can grow your career and share in the success of an industry pioneer that's turning companies into truly digital enterprises.
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
About the company