- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Overview Integra LifeSciences, a world leader in medical technology, is dedicated to limiting uncertainty for surgeons, so they can concentrate on providing the best patient care. Integra offers innovative solutions in orthopedic extremity surgery, neurosurgery, reconstructive and general surgery, and regenerative wound care.
Integra's orthopedic products include devices and implants for foot and ankle, hand and wrist, shoulder and elbow, tendon and peripheral nerve protection and repair. Integra is a leader in neurosurgery, offering a broad portfolio of implants, devices, instruments and systems used in neurosurgery, neuromonitoring, neurotrauma, and related critical care. Integra's Tissue Technologies is an in-patient and outpatient Regenerative product portfolio, which includes products for wound care, burns, abdominal reconstruction, and plastic & reconstructive surgery. In the United States, Integra is a leading provider of surgical instruments to hospitals, surgery centers and alternate care sites, including physician and dental offices.
Founded in 1989 Integra is headquartered in Plainsboro, New Jersey and has over 4,500 employees worldwide. Integra's common stock is listed on The NASDAQ Stock Market under the symbol "IART."
Responsibilities The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for the management of a region as defined by a specific number of sales territories within the Wound Reconstruction domestic sales organization so that it efficiently achieves the sales and marketing goals while producing a profitable contribution to Integra Lifesciences.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Develop realistic and achievable quarterly sales objectives with each representative.
- Demonstrates a high level of business acumen to maximize contribution margin through pricing decisions, expense spending decisions and the use of organizational resources (Clinical Education, Product Specialists, Sales Support and Training Department).
- Prepares and presents Regional Business Plan to the Vice President of Sales or Area Sales Director which encompasses all territories' contribution projections. Maintains and updates this Plan on routine basis.
- Analyze sales, marketing and financial information to monitor achievement toward sales and margin goals.
- Work with the sale reps to plan, target and close local business opportunities
- Operate within defined budgets
- To effectively staff the region and maintain communications with sales personnel so that they operate efficiently within established company policy and values.
- Interacts directly with Human Resources regarding personnel hiring, representative development, representative improvement plans and terminations.
Coordination and Communication:
- Provide input and instruction to all functions within Integra that support ongoing sales channel development
- Monitors and manages representatives' use and adoption of Sales Intelligence Tools (ie, Sales Force Automation, Sales CUBE, etc.)
- Routinely interface with existing and potential key customers
- Ensure the Sales and Marketing teams are promptly and accurately informed of competitive activities, industry trends and product acceptance.
- Coordinate contract proposals with Integra Legal and Sales Departments.
- Develop rapport and positive business environments with an ever-increasing number of nationally recognized key customers in order to build the image of the company
- Participate in routine sales meetings directly related to increasing sales/profits
- Represent the company in a manner consistent with policy and procedure at all conventions and key customer gatherings
- Strictly adhere to the policies and procedures within the Advamed Code of Conduct and the Sunshine Act
Qualifications The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four year college or university
- 5+ years of successful sales and sales management in the medical device marketplace (either direct sales or distributorship)
- 3+ years of sales management experience, preference given to candidates with management experience in a device company and direct sales/distributor experience
- Successful track record of aggressively growing a region with independent distributors and driving revenue year over year
- Willingness to take responsibility for sales within defined territory and be held accountable for regional goals
- Must possess top level business management, interpersonal skills and computer skills
- Must demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills and be a polished presenter
- Must have a stable work history
- Must be willing and able to travel as needed