- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
As the Regional Security Manager, you will provide leadership, expertise, and strategic vision for Google’s security posture and operations in New York. You will work with internal and external partners to maintain and enhance the overall security and safety of Google.
You will lead the Google New York Security and Resilience Operations team as well as lead the company’s response to major disruptive events within the region. You will engage and manage the relationship with various security vendors providing both traditional and more specialized services in the region.
You will also assess and plan the strategic and long-term operational needs for the region in order to create, communicate, and implement strategies to deliver value-added results. The responsibilities include developing working relationships and routinely collaborating with other GSRS teams as well as internal and external stakeholders to include city, state, and federal agencies present in the metro area.
From keeping Googlers safe and secure to managing disruptive events, the ability to anticipate, deter, detect, and act are the pillars of Google’s Global Security and Resilience Services (GSRS) team. As a member of GSRS you will help develop a culture where safety, security and resiliency are integrated into every facet of Google, including the creative process. You will help us continually identify, evaluate and monitor enterprise risks that could affect business activities and provide business leaders the information they need to make critical decisions. You'll collaborate with cross-functional teams to create innovative strategies and develop programs that drive sustainable effectiveness.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of experience in corporate security, law enforcement, and/or military.
- 5 years of commercial experience working for a multinational, publicly traded company.
- Experience conducting investigations, including criminal, human resources, and safety incidents.
- Experience in managing the security elements of real estate development projects, from concept phase through to the commissioning of the site.
- Experience building high potential teams and coaching individuals.
- Track record in managing security operations and security personnel and delivering high quality, customer-oriented security programs.
- Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Exceptional analytical, communication, presentation, and organizational management skills.
- Oversee incident command systems in the region.
- Oversee in-house security program management and development. Participate as the Security and Resilience Operations representative on major real estate development project teams.
- Collaborate with the Operations team in developing and implementing innovative and effective security strategies in response to trends and developments in the global operating environment of Google.
- Oversee vendor management and related budget controls.
- Build and maintain relationships with city, state, and federal law enforcement and other supporting public agencies.
About the company
Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success.
We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate