- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
As the Regional Security Manager, you will provide leadership, expertise, and strategic vision for Google’s security and operations in the United States and Canada, excluding New York and the Bay Area. This position will report to the Director of Americas Security & Resilience Operations.
You will lead the Security & Resilience Operations team and manage relationships with internal and external partners and security vendors to maintain and enhance the overall security and safety of Google. Partners also include city, state, and federal agencies across the United States and Canada. You will assess, create, implement, and communicate the long-term strategic and operational needs for the region. Lastly, you will lead the company’s response to major disruptive events within the region.
From keeping Googlers safe and secure to managing disruptive events, the ability to anticipate, deter, detect, and act are the pillars of Google’s Global Security and Resilience Services (GSRS) team. As a member of GSRS you will help develop a culture where safety, security and resiliency are integrated into every facet of Google, including the creative process. You will help us continually identify, evaluate and monitor enterprise risks that could affect business activities and provide business leaders the information they need to make critical decisions. You'll collaborate with cross-functional teams to create innovative strategies and develop programs that drive sustainable effectiveness.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 12 years of relevant experience in corporate security, law enforcement, or military.
- 5 years of commercial experience working for a major multinational publicly traded company.
- Experience conducting investigations, including criminal, human resources, and safety incidents.
- Experience in managing the security elements of multi-million dollar real estate development projects.
- Experience in building teams and coaching individuals.
- Track record in managing security operations/personnel and delivering high quality, customer-oriented security programs.
- High ethical standards and excellent judgment, discretion, and diplomacy; ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Exceptional analytical, verbal/written communications, presentation, and organizational management skills.
- Provide security leadership and oversee the incident command systems in the region.
- Oversee the region’s in-house security programs and participate as the Security & Resilience Operations representative on major real estate development project teams.
- Collaborate with the wider operations team in developing and implementing innovative and effective security strategies in response to trends and developments in the global operating environment of Google.
- Oversee the vendor management and related budget controls.
- Build and maintain relationships with city, state, and federal law enforcement and other supporting public agencies present in the region.
About the company
Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success.
We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate