- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
Your future team
AIG’s underwriters develop insurance solutions that address the exposures of companies and individuals, and embody AIG’s tradition of innovation, bringing to market groundbreaking insurance solutions for our changing world. AIG’s underwriters help to find insurance solutions for risks from a range of areas including life insurance, aviation, financial lines, casualty, environmental, catastrophic events, high net worth individuals, and boardroom liabilities.
Your contribution at AIG
As a Leader, you are respected for your deep technical expertise and/or ability to oversee programs and processes. You balance the needs of multiple stakeholders, making sound decisions using data, analysis, experience, and judgment, along with a risk mindset. Ultimately, you take ownership for key outcomes.
As a Regional Underwriting Manager within Financial Lines, you will be responsible for:
- Leading an underwriting team, to include: planning, monitoring, skill development and performance management
- Meeting with clients to explain underwriting strategies, new products and position AIG as a market leader
- Reviewing accounts with increasing authority based on performance
- Ensuring adherence to underwriting guidelines and application of company policies
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external partners
- As a great manager you will provide direction, motivate and grow talent, and empower and coach teams toward higher levels of performance.
- Performing other duties to support and manage staff as required
What we are looking for
- Proven record desired providing direction, motivating and growing employees to drive high levels of performance
- Demonstrated underwriting acumen (Financial Lines experience preferred)
- Strong ability to read and analyze financial statements, negotiate Financial Lines coverage and make informed decisions on transactions
- Ability to represent AIG in front of brokers and clients on a regular basis
- Strong understanding of financial and insurance concepts
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Existing relationships within the brokerage community preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred (Finance or Risk Management major preferred)
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
About the company
American multinational insurance corporation with more than 88 million customers in 130 countries. AIG companies employ over 64,000 people in 90 countries. The company operates through three businesses: AIG Property Casualty, AIG Life and Retirement and United Guaranty Corporation (UGC). AIG Property Casualty provides insurance products for commercial, institutional and individual customers.