- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $100,000.00 - $125,000.00 gross per year
- Audits all properties in the assigned area on a regular basis to ensure that they present the highest quality image possible.
An audit includes physically walking the property and observing/inspecting any problem area as well as examining administrative procedures to ensure that all company policies, applicable laws and compliance areas are being followed.
During visits, the RVP is expected to recognize potential problems before they become serious and take preventive and corrective action.
- Develops property staff by ensuring that only the highest caliber personnel are recruited, selected and hired to represent the company.
Provides one-on-one coaching, guidance, and mentoring to property leadership.
Ensures that all personnel receive appropriate training.
Delegates responsibility and authority as appropriate to facilitate staff development.
- Appraises property personnel performance continually, promptly addressing any performance problems through coaching, training, redirection or discipline.
Promptly recognizes and encourages good performance.
- Monitors property financial/quantitative performance on an ongoing basis.
Addresses performance issues immediately by working with the Property Manager to build a plan for correction.
- Resolves elevated customer complaints and employee relations issues in a manner that is in the best interest of the company, customer, and associate.
- Reviews, approves, and monitors the completion of all capital projects being performed at properties in the area.
- Represents the view(s) of Property Managers and staff in relationships with corporate staff and management to ensure that property-level issues are being heard and properly addressed.
- Provides or participates in the development of marketing programs for properties designed to achieve optimum occupancy levels and customer satisfaction.
- Intervenes in disputes between property leadership and vendors either by providing advice to property management team or by assuming responsibility for reaching resolution.
- Manages the preparation of capital and operating budgets for properties in the area.
- Conducts salary reviews for Property Managers in the area; reviews and approves wage and salary actions for all other personnel in the area.
- Takes steps to continually advance capabilities through personal development.
- Facilitates the implementation of corporate-wide initiatives including, but not limited to: ancillary services, community outreach and Open Arms.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to think conceptually, finding solutions to complex problems from relevant, but diverse facts.
- Knowledge of all applicable laws and regulations relevant to employment law and landlord-tenant laws.
- Knowledge of compliance standards relating to bonded properties.
- Knowledge of MAA's operating procedures.
- Working knowledge of landscaping, mechanical maintenance issues, and capital project planning and execution.
- Excellent skills in verbal and written communication.
- Ability to lead and direct the work of others.
- Skills in financial management including budgeting analysis, and forecasting.
- ms project