- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals – careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its “Top 100 Places to Work.”
Registered Nurse for the Med Surg Department - Responsible for the care and/or delegation of assigned patients for assigned shift. Performs patient initial assessments and reassessments, develops and updates patient nursing care plans. Provides direct patient care, administering medications and treatments, educating patient and care givers, and providing personal and restorative care. Performs all documentation necessary and in accordance with established policies and procedures and in compliance with all regulatory agencies. Actively participates with other healthcare disciplines in providing and improving quality care patient care services. Shares in the management of the unit by making recommendations for operational improvement, controlling costs, orientation, education and supervision of co-workers. Provides input regarding patient needs for staffing. Communicates as needed with the physicians regarding patient care. Performs all functions in an ethical and legal manner.
- Experience: No prior hospital experience necessary but is desired. Three (3) months on the job training.
- Required Education: Nursing Degree from an accredited school
- License: Must maintain current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of Arkansas or applicable Compact State License.
- Certifications: Basic Life Support certification through the American Heart Association and ACLS certification through the American Heart Association - upon hire or complete training during the orientation period. Required certifications must be current before being assigned to care for patients independently.
- Preferred Certifications: PALS certification
- Other: Must demonstrate effective human relations and communication skills. Must possess the ability to assess data reflective of each patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirement relative to his/her age-specific needs to provide the care needed. Desk top computers, copiers, general office and patient care equipment. We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We’re bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We’re expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
About the company