- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
UPMC is currently seeking an experienced Registered Nurse for the Breast Health Center!
This individual will serve as a nurse navigator in the Breast Imaging Center. Functions in an expanded role assuming a comprehensive approach to providing nursing care to women and men with breast health concerns utilizing screening and early detection measures, being an emotional resource and providing psychological and emotional support. Overview: (added to the responsibilities below) Serves inthe role of nurse navigator in a breast imaging center. Assuresdiagnostic testing results are shared with patient inclusive of results,teaching and all testing follow up. Serves as a navigator/liason withphysicians offices and patient to assure that patients are scheduled for followup in specified time frames. Oversees risk assessment of all BHC screeningpatients as well as the Muncy campus mammogram department. Succeeds inacquiring the CBCN (certified breast care nurse) designation by the OncologyNursing Society.
- Participates in the development and implementation of a specific marketing plan targeted to women and men
- Serves in the role of nurse navigator in a breast imaging center. Assures diagnostic testing results are shared with patient inclusive of results, teaching and all testing follow up.
- Serves as a navigator/liason with physicians offices and patient to assure that patients are scheduled for follow up in specified time frames. Oversees risk assessment of all BHC screening patients as well as the Muncy campus mammogram department.
- Provides education and counseling to patients concerning various diagnostic tests and procedures as well as benign and cancerous breast conditions.
- Assume responsibility for personal development and education.
- Documents all assessment dates, interventions and any education or counseling performed.
- Provides risk assessments for other female health issues and education on disease management and testing.
- Practices as a consultant for the organization in area of expertise.
- Know and follow all organizational/departmental policies/procedures.
- Incorporates a multi-disciplinary approach by collaborating with surgeons, radiologists and primary care physicians to facilitate appropriate care coordination and follow up acting as a resource for the interdisciplinary team.
- Conducts seminars and hospital programs pertaining to breast health issues serving as a teaching/learning resource for individuals seeking clinical advancement in the care of breast patients.
- Identifies recurring practice problems and their impact on breast health care nursing activities and contributes to the development of specific plans to resolve these problems.
- Incorporate leading/evidence-based practice in quality/safety into every day work. Commit to high quality,safe work; encourage others to have similar standards. Identify processes/systems that could lead to inefficient practices, unsafe conditions, errors or adverse events. Avoid shortcuts to ensure quality and safety measures are not circumvented. Encourage patient and family involvement in processes involving patient safety. Speak up with other service partners to ensure high quality and safety. Report serious events/incidents per policy
- Provides pathology results to patients. Qualifications
Bachelors Nursing Preferred2 years as a Staff RN RequiredTwo years of oncology nursing experience preferred.5 years of nursing experience strongly preferred.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Registered Nurse licensure in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Required Certified Breast Care Nurse (CBCN) within two years of hirePreferred AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers required within 90 days of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
About the company