- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
REGISTERED NURSE EMERGENCY DEPT FT NIGHTS
AdventHealth Hendersonville/Park Ridge 100 Hospital Drive Hendersonville NC 28792
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Hendersonville
- Community involvement
- Located in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
- Great benefits
- Co-workers who feel like family
- Faith based environment
Full Time Nights, 36 hrs per week
You Will Be Responsible for:
Demonstrates through behavior Park Ridge Health's Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization's Performance Excellence Program
• NURSING PROCESS: Completes timely assessments per Practice Guidelines including physiological, psychological, developmental, sociocultural, spiritual, and life-style factors, including signs of abuse or neglect.
Makes appropriate decisions and interventions and nursing diagnosis according to patients actual or potential health conditions or needs.
(American Nurses Association [ANA], 2012)
• NURSING PROCESS: Based on the assessment and diagnosis, sets measurable and achievable short and long-range goals for the patient (ANA, 2012), assisting in the development and implementation of an individualized plan of care.
Prioritizes and completes follow up assessments, evaluates and modifies plan of care as needed.
Nursing practice reflects mutual goal setting and whole person care including meeting the needs of the mind, body and spirit.
• NURSING KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes.
Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment associated with unit patient population.
• PATIENT SAFETY: Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards.
Follows strict infection prevention precautions.
Adheres to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety.
Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it out in accordance with plan of care.
• COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding.
Exhibits ability to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all interactions with the patient to their level of understanding.
Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing thorough hand off communication in all situations.
Follows chain of command when appropriate.
• DOCUMENTATION: Demonstrates knowledge and skill in the recording and accessing of all patient information in electronic medical record according to policy and in real time.
Performs appropriate and legible documentation, recording all procedures and assessments within established timeframes, and in accordance with standards of care, departmental policy and practice guidelines.
• PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Abides by American Nurses Association Scope, Standards and Code of Ethics.
Participates in practice changes, process improvement initiatives and completes all required education by the due date.
Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department.
Exhibits desire to learn, teach, mentor and advance nursing skills.
• RELIEF CHARGE NURSE (as applicable): Under the supervision of a manager, assumes authority of the daily operations of the unit/department and is the primary resource nurse for a specific shift.
Manages staff accountability and adherence to regulatory requirements.
The leadership responsibility includes but is not limited to facilitation of the team dynamics of patient care, patient experience and patient flow including managing staff assignments.
Additional management responsibilities include effective conflict resolution, patient/staff rounding and communication, resource utilization, comprehensive hand off communication and completion of unit specific audits/checklists as required or assigned.
What You Will Need:
· Organizational and multi-tasking skills
· Knowledge of nursing care methods and procedures
· Ability to work as a Team player within a unit
· Effective verbal and oral communication and problem-solving skills
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
· Licensed as a Registered Nurse in North Carolina
Current AHA BLS certification required at time of hire
AHA ACLS certification required within 90 days of hire
AHA PALS certification or ENPC (Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course) certification required within 90 days of hire
Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC) required within one year of hire
The Registered Professional Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age specific groups.
Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department.
Adheres to the Adventist Health System Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
- customer service