- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 72 (Weekend Package Nights)
Primary Location: IA NEWTON SKIFF MEDICAL CENTER
: The registered nurse plans and provides professional nursing care to the patient from admission to discharge. He/She coordinates care with other disciplines, consults with the family or significant others and collaborates with the physician on the patient's behalf. The RN assesses, implements and evaluates nursing care. The RN is responsible for supervision of PCTs and Support Associates. The OB Staff Nurse specializes in the care of antepartal, intrapartal, and postpartal patients, newborns, and their families.
The description reflects management's assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Meets all requirements of Medical/Surgical/Pediatric Staff Nurse
- Assesses antepartal, intrapartal, and postpartal patients for risk factors, normal progress, and symptoms of problems.
- Demonstrates appropriate management of the normal newborn.
- Uses respectful family dynamics and processes in providing individualized patient care.
- Appropriately assesses and follows up on fetal heart rate monitoring.
- Manages obstetrical emergencies in a calm and efficient manner.
- Uses the computer system, documentation and orders, efficiently.
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development.
- Demonstrates appropriate attitude and interest in work by maintaining acceptable work habits and behaviors.
- Demonstrates commitment to customer service.
EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
EXPERIENCE: One year acute care nursing experience. Prior OB experience preferred.
LICENSURE: Current license as a Registered Nurse from the State of Iowa required.
- Understands and is able to apply the nursing process while meeting established Nursing Standards.
- Must be able to read, write and follow written and oral instructions in English.
- The OB Staff Nurse maintains well developed skills for assessing the physical and psychosocial needs of expectant parents, families and newborns.
- Maintains BCLS certification at health care provider level.
- Completion of ACLS and NRP required within six months of employment.
- Basic fetal monitoring course within six months of employment.
Join us at Catholic Health Initiatives, and become a part of our faith-based health system.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0243547
- Schedule: Full-time
- Market: Skiff Medical Center