- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions.
Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar.
We are currently seeking a CV/Neuro ICU Registered Nurse (RN) to join our family.
Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities.
We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us.
Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment.
We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood is a 439-bed acute care facility that has provided quality care to the Lake Houston area for over 25 years.
It is home to the area's only comprehensive cardiac, neuroscience and women services programs.
Our Women & Children's Center provides Level II and III neonatal intensive care units, high-risk obstetrics, a breast diagnostic center, a designated pediatric unit, and the area's only pediatric emergency department.
HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division.
The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas.
Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
Kingwood Medical Center
- Kingwood, Texas
Charge Nurse (RN)
- Cardiovascular/Neurosurgical Intensive Care Unit (CVICU/Neuro ICU)
The Cardiovascular/Neurosurgical Intensive Care Unit (CV/Neuro ICU) provides critical care services to adult and geriatric patient populations.
Services provided by the ICU include but are not limited to:
- Post-operative recovery for surgical patients who require critical care monitoring
- Post-operative care to Open Heart surgery patients
- Post-operative care to Neurosurgical patients
- Recovery and intensive monitoring for PCI patients
Kingwood Medical Center is currently looking for a Charge Nurse (RN)
- Cardiovascular/Neurosurgical Intensive Care Unit (CVICU/Neuro ICU).
- The Nurse is a registered nurse responsible for the daily operational aspects of the unit, and assists the Director/Manager in the achievement of the service goals and objectives.
- The position encompasses human resource management, including recommending sufficient number of qualified and competent personnel to provide care; financial and clinical management, and the provision and development of professional leadership.
- The Nurse establishes departmental goals and objectives that ensure high quality, cost-effective patient care, while working collaboratively to integrate the goals of their unit with those of the unit and Kingwood Medical Center.
- The philosophy of continuous quality improvement (CQI) is integrated by the Nurse into all ongoing operations and activities of the department.
- The Nurse functions in the role of expert clinical practitioner, educator, consultant, researcher, and administrator/leader.
Incorporated within each of these functions are those of role model, patient advocate, change agent, and cost-effective practitioner.
- The ultimate goal of the position is the improvement of unit operations, patient care and patient outcomes.
- The Nurse is expected to provide scheduled and/or relief staffing within their unit, and to apply knowledge of the principles of growth and development to identify patient and family requirements relative to age specific needs.
- The Nurse will be responsible for knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, educational, safety and related criteria for the adult and geriatric population.
- In collaboration with the nurse manager, the charge nurse assists with counseling and disciplinary processes of the nursing staff.
- The nurse also assists with administrative tasks as assigned by the nurse manager which include but are not limited to entering of departmental charges, staffing, outcomes monitoring, and provision of additional in-services and impromptu education for unit staff.
- Other aspects of the role include the ability to critically think and intervene in a crisis situation.
- The nurse is responsible for knowledge and skill in nursing for multiple diagnosis related conditions of patients including cardiovascular, pulmonary, GI/GU, renal, and multiple organ system failure within the scope of services provided on the unit.
- Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing, BSN preferred
- Three years recent clinical experience as an RN
- Critical care experience in Telemetry, Step down Unit, Intermediate Care, ICU, CCU or Acute Care
- Current RN licensure by Texas Board of Nursing or a Board of Nursing from a compact state.
- Current BLS from the American Heart Association
- Current ACLS from the American Heart Association within 90 days of hire
- CCRN preferred
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously.
During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email.
The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail.
If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.
- safety and security