- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
SCHEDULE: Full-time We are currently offering a SIGN ON BONUS OF UP TO $5,000 for eligible candidates!
Medical City McKinney provides comprehensive emergency, diagnostic, medical and surgical services, including cardiovascular, orthopedics, neurosciences and women's and children's services. Since first opening our doors over 90 years ago, Medical City McKinney is a thriving 260-bed hospital continuing to lead the way of meeting and exceeding our growing community's healthcare needs by our commitment to change and innovation.
We are proud our hospital is a Joint Commission Accredited Primary Stroke Center and is the first hospital in Dallas, Collin, Grayson and Fannin Counties to receive The Joint Commission's Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee Joint Replacement. We are also an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
Medical City McKinney has built its name on providing area residents with exceptional healthcare that is both professional and personal. Our highly skilled physicians and staff members are focused on providing the most advanced and comprehensive healthcare available today...and for generations to come.
Please visit our website at http://medicalcitymckinney.com/to see for yourself why you should join our team.
We are proud to offer:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Discounted tickets at many local attractions
- Discounts to various retail stores and more .
Registered Nurse (RN)
Unit: Critical Care Float Pool
Work Schedule: Full Time Nights, 7pm-7am (rotating weekends)
The Float Pool RN performs direct care for adolescent, adult and geriatric patients within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act, with emphasis on the Cardiovascular Service Line.
- Uses therapeutic communication in daily practice.
- Maintains a safe and therapeutic Intensive Care environment.
- Implements and direct care, using the nursing process with emphasis on the needs of individual ICU patients.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the nursing process.
- Provides emotional support of the patient and significant others to make informed choices regarding health care
- Maintains high quality, age specific care for adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients as assigned
- Delegates tasks appropriately.
- Provides supervision of new employees, vocational nurses, nurse technicians, student nurses, and/or nurse interns.
Job Qualification Requirements (Education/Experience/Licensure/Certifications):
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing.
- Current licensure by the State of Texas as a Registered Nurse or from a Compact State if you declare the Compact State your Primary State of Residence.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
- Completed AHA ACLS Provider Course within 6 months of employment will be required.
- Minimum of one year experience in Critical Care in an acute care hospital setting within the last 3 years required.
- CCRN preferred.
- Experience with high acuity ICU medical/surgical patients is highly preferred.