- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Antonio
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
SCHEDULE: Full-timeHere at Methodist Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
We are committed to providing our colleagues with the support they need. At Methodist Healthcare, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Moving, mortgage, and real estate assistance
- 100% matching 401k based on years of service
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our Registered Nurses have access to a variety of resources to help you reach your goals including:
- A comprehensive orientation process
- Valuable mentorship from specialty specific educators
- Leadership development programs
- State-of-the-art units equipped with the latest technologies in patient care
We value your contributions. Methodist Healthcare is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. Come be a part of the change in our Healthcare System!
Critical factors to your success include:
- Consistently applying the nursing process, critical thinking skills, scientific judgment, technical skills and leadership to independently deliver safe nursing care to patients
- Collaborating with the patient care team to achieve quality patient outcomes
- Communication, confidence, and professionalism as evidenced by active engagement in unit and organizational activities
- Demonstrating team work, adaptability, and serving as a resource to the patient care team
- Accountability for delivering quality nursing care services and promoting a positive image of nursing
- Graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate degree nursing program
- Current RN License in the State of Texas or Multi-State Compact License (Employees with RN Compact License are required to obtain Texas RN License within 90 days of hire date)
- Current American Heart Association BLS Certification
- BSN preferred
Center City San Antonio is the backdrop for a vibrant and diverse community of patients served by Metropolitan Methodist Hospital. Our 354 bed hospital offers outstanding heart and cancer care, general surgery, neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, obstetrics and gynecology services, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services, sleep disorder evaluation and the largest emergency room in downtown San Antonio. Our Suzell Waller Women's pavilion, the only stand-alone facility in downtown San Antonio dedicated to the health of women and their newborn babies, has earned an excellent reputation, one baby at a time.
Metropolitan Methodist Hospital has been recognized by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work in Healthcare and for the third consecutive year as a Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation. We are pleased to announce it is the first hospital in San Antonio to achieve Pathway to Excellence designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. We have also been nationally recognized by Leapfrog for our focus on safety and quality, receiving a Grade A Hospital Safety Score for 5 consecutive rating periods, as well as Leapfrog's Top General Hospital award in 2017. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Metropolitan Methodist Hospital under Locations.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.