- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Webster County
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Registered Nurse in the Neuro Trauma ICU unit at HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities.
We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us.
Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment.
We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake
- Webster, TX
Registered Nurse (RN)
- Neuro Trauma Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake is a full-service hospital offering a 531 bed inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services.
The campus includes Level II trauma capabilities, a Neuroscience Institute, The Heart & Vascular Hospital, a bariatrics program, the Breast Diagnostic Center, a wound care center, a level III Neonatal ICU, and the area's only pediatric emergency department and pediatric ICU.
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division.
The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas.
Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients.
- Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for the ICU and managing all assigned personnel, supplies and equipment.
- Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess and improve the quality of patient care.
- Responds to Code Blue situations and implements life-saving measures per ACLS protocol.
- Interprets ECG rhythm strips and evaluates 12-lead ECG's.
- Monitors and titrates IV vasoactive, antiarrythmic and other special drugs.
- Assists with insertion of invasive lines.
- Monitors invasive pressures.
- Draws blood from arterial, CVP and other invasive lines.
- Assesses critically ill patients on an ongoing manner, per P&P.
- Accompanies and monitors patients going to other department for tests/procedures.
- May accompany patients in transport during inter-facility transfers.
- Assumes the responsibility of charging the unit as needed.
What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing is required.
- Prior ICU experience preferred.
- Texas licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners
- Current BCLS certification from the American Heart Association required.
- ACLS certification within sixs months of hire.
- CCRN certification within 2-years of hire preferred.
- NIHSS certification within 6 months of hire, unless currently certified then needs to be maintained annually.
- 8 hours of acute stroke education annually.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list.
In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies.
We want you to join our tradition of excellence.
Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply.
We promptly review all applications.
If you are highly qualified you will hear from the Talent Acquisition team.
We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously.
During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email.
The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail.
If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.