- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We Are Hiring
We are Hiring
At St. Vincent's East, we have a fantastic manager and low turnover! Our associates have high morale and are fully engaged with each other and our patients. Come join us a weekend Registered Nurse!
Saturday & Sunday 7pm - 7am
Why join Ascension?
St. Vincent's East is a 362-bed hospital located just 20 minutes from downtown Birmingham. Located in the suburbs, this campus has a beautiful view of the town and free and convenient parking.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, and training. We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace.
What you will do
The Orthopaedic Medical Surgical units at St. Vincent's East have recently been completely remodeled. As a result, is a commonly full 18-bed unit that boasts state-of-the-art technology with well-designed efficiency. This team has also worked hard to accomplish a 50% reduction in pain meds needed by their patients and nurses spend 30% of their time delivering holistic bedside care!
What you will need
- Required Credentials:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date.
- Licensed Associate Professional Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)