- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Responsible for the care of a designated group of patients in a structured setting through the appropriate utilization of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Provides care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his/her assigned unit. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development relative to patients served and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the department's policies, procedures, and standards of care. Participates in research when appropriate and incorporates research findings into clinical practice.
- Current RN license in the State of Illinois required.
- Healthcare Provider or Instructor BLS certification required within 30 days of hire.
- Provider or Instructor ACLS certification required within 18 months of hire.
- NRP Provider or Instructor certification required within 18 months of hire for RNs working in the OR.
- Attends all JCAHO, OSHA, and hospital/nurse manager specified mandatory in-services.
- Validates competencies and obtains credentials as identified in unit specific requirements.
- Completion of self-evaluation.
- It is the incumbent's responsibility to submit to the nurse manager at annual evaluation time documentation to validate annual credentialing requirements.
About the company