- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Responsible for installation, support, administration and maintenance of the company's configuration management, build and release process utilizing Microsoft Team Foundation System (TFS) and other tools.
Design architecture and ongoing assessment of the company's Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize TFVC and Jenkins for architecting, maintaining, and streamlining automated build and release pipeline from code compilation, automated testing, and deploying releases to multiple environments
- Design and administration of packaging and release all code & SQL scripts
- Primary release coordinator for all Test, Training and Production environments
- Create and implement automated build scripts utilizing Microsoft TFS and Jenkins
- Troubleshoot application configuration/deployment issues in test and production environments
- Management of build Servers and applications
- Manage and control the source code repository, currently housed in TFSVC
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities
- Establish new and enhance existing policies and procedures for configuration management, build and release management
- Maintain and deploy the company's SDLC process utilizing TFS, SharePoint and other similar tools
- Responsible for creating and troubleshooting builds, release management, configuration management and deployment of various software applications
- Work with QA and Development to increase developer productivity and product testability
- Create and maintain documentation of the build/release process.
- Formulate, affect, interpret documentation and strategies to optimize process efficiency across SDLC
- Work with Development on Source Code Branching and Merging strategies
- Adhere to and promote compliance to company data security policies
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to utilize discretion and independent judgment to switch between priorities quickly without affecting quality or performance
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Superior customer service skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Team Foundation Server and Jenkins
- Strong knowledge of the capabilities and appropriate application of a wide variety of technologies, including but not limited to C#, IIS, .net, ASP, data warehousing, MS SQL & Oracle databases
- Solid organization and planning skills, with strong attention to detail
- Expert knowledge of CM practices and standards, and knowledge of tools used in implementing a successful CM program
- Must possess the ability and flexibility to work extra hours and weekends
- Ability and desire to take ownership of work assignments and drive tasks to completion
- Ability to conduct research as required on new SDLC technologies, and help develop best practices and patterns to aid in the adoption of new technologies that are appropriate to the company's requirements
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field, or equivalent experience/combined education.
- 9 to 14 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience working with Configuration Management (CM) including planning, monitoring, and reporting on CM activities
- Prior administration experience with Windows 2008, 2012, 2016 and 2019 server environments
- Experience administering Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Experience using PowerShell scripts with Jenkins
- Experience with Active Directory including service account and delegate Active Directory management
- Experience in Microsoft development technologies; C#, ASP.net a plus
- Must be able to successfully pass National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) background investigation
This job description supersedes all prior job descriptions and is intended to describe the general content and essential requirements for the position listed above.
It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of requirements, duties and responsibilities.
Management reserves the right to add or change the duties of this position as required at any time.
QTC Management Inc.
is a VEVRAA Federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The company has an ongoing commitment to affirmative action and the creation of a workplace free of discrimination, harassment and retaliation.
The company recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, people with disabilities protected under law, and protected veteran status.
- 14 years: 9 to 14 years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience using PowerShell scripts with Jenkins.
- Experience administering Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) .
- Experience working with Configuration Management (CM) including planning, monitoring, and reporting on CM activities.
- Bachelors or better
- Written Communication
- Verbal Communication
- MS Office
- Drives Results
- Critical Thinking
- Computer Literacy
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
41 CFR 60-1.35(c)