- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- North Sioux City
Apply now »
Reliability Shift Technician- Packaging
LOCATION: North Sioux City, SD, US, 57049
JOB CATEGORY: Supply
REQUISITION NUMBER: 194022
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Royal Canin (Mars Petcare) is looking for a Reliability Shift Technician in the Sioux City, SD area.
The Reliability Shift Technician maintains equipment and facilities to operate in the safest and most productive electromechanical condition, implements continuous improvement and supports new system installations, production strategies and plant reliability.
- Analyze condition, troubleshoot failures, repair and perform preventative/predictive maintenance on production equipment, building and utilities and all associated equipment.
- Must observe proper Lockout/Tagout and all safety procedures as required
- Respond to any immediate associate safety issues per work order system.
- Initiate, plan and coordinate work performed by other associates, contractors and /or self. (unplanned, planned, changeovers etc.)
- Prioritize and manage work assigned to ensure immediate response to emergencies, diagnose faults quickly and make immediate repairs.
- Be a lead in technical troubleshooting the process, mechanical and electrical (power and interlock) issues which prevent meeting the shift or weekly schedules.
- Train operators/technicians on operational set-up issues
- Maintain functional knowledge of all equipment in packaging department
- Ensure all work-orders are complete and accurate, including planned and unplanned assignments.
- Maintain and improve electrical and mechanical knowledge and skills to improve customer service levels.
- Follow regular checks and follow preventative maintenance schedules, assessing condition and ensuring compliance with prescribed schedules.
- Work as a team member within the maintenance department to improve the total reliability of the plant
- Understand maintenance principles and develop self and department work practices to promote a proactive environment
- Understand and utilize drawings, diagrams and equipment manufactures instructions
- Troubleshoot electrical controls, motor circuits, single and three phase electrical systems.
- Other similar duties as assigned by manager
- Standing on a concrete floor
- Wearing proper personal protective equipment (hair net, bump cap,
About the company
Mars is an American global manufacturer of confectionery, pet food, and other food products and a provider of animal care services, with US$33 billion in annual sales in 2015,and is ranked as the 6th largest privately held company in the United States