- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Who We Are
Subaru of Gwinnett has been in business since 2002,and in that time have built a reputation on providing courteous, honest service.
We maintain the highest level of integrity and professionalism in every area of our business, and are looking for talented individuals to join our team and uphold the Subaru Love Promise.
We're also recently under new management and excited to be building a positive workculture at our dealership!
What We Offer
- Relocation bonus
- Medical, vision, dental
- 401Kwith company match
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Employee discounts
- Growth opportunities
- Year-end bonuses and Christmas club
- Catered Saturday lunches
- Holiday parties and luncheons
- Drug-free work place
Technician Specific Benefits
- Flexible work schedules (4 and 5 day week schedules)
- Air-conditioned shop
- State-of-the-art, brand new facility with air-conditioned and cutting edge technology
- Uniforms provided
- Discounts on products and services
- Work environment OSHA certified to current Air Quality Standards
- Highly productive shop
- Career advancement opportunities, promote from within
- ASE and state inspection certification reimbursement and all training expenses paid to further your career
- Continued education, manufacturer hands on and web based training
- Clean and professional work environment
- Competitive wages
- Perform work specified on the repair order with efficiency and in accordance with dealership and manufacturer guidelines
- Test-drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using diagnostic tools and special service equipment
- Diagnose, maintain, and repairvehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical steering, suspension, brakes, air conditioning, etc.
- Communicate directly with the Service Advisor so that customers can be informed if any additional service is needed.
- Provide estimate of time needed for additional recommended repairs
- Executerepairs under warranty to manufacturer specifications
- Reportto management any situation or condition that jeopardizes the safety, welfare, or integrity of the dealership, its personnel, or customers
About the Screening Process
Prior to being employed, applicants for employment must participate in Subaru of Gwinnett’s normal screening process which includes completing a full employment application; satisfactory criminal, credit and, where applicable, driving records checks; in-person interviews and other inquiries.
Subaru of Gwinnett has a diverse Drug-Free workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- ASE certifications are ideal but not required
- Strong automotive background is preferred
- Strong teamwork skills
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, credit report, and have a valid driver license
- Must have clean driving record and must be insurable
- Ability to read, comprehend, and interpret: simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, and documents.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule, or diagram form.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Physical demands include: constantly position body and move in order to retrieve cars from parking lot, diagnose and repair vehicles; detect and identify vehicle issues and shop safety concerns; exert force to move/manipulate objects (up to 50lbs occasionally, 30lbs frequently, 10lbs constantly); operate tools and equipment; repetitive motion
- Work is conducted inside, outside, and in a shop environment in proximity to moving vehicles, mechanical equipment, with exposure to chemicals, and moderate to loud noise levels.
About the company