- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Research AnalystMellon is a specialist multi-asset investment management firm dedicated to serving sophisticated investors globally, providing clients with high-quality single and multi-asset investment solutions using both active and passive strategies. Coming together in 2018 through the combination of Mellon Capital, Standish, and The Boston Company, the combined asset manager has the scale and investment capabilities to offer institutional and intermediary clients a broad range of specialist investment solutions. The Boston Company, Standish, and Mellon Capital are product brands of BNY Mellon Asset Management North America.
Mellon is seeking a Research Analyst, with the following responsibilities:
- Conduct detailed investment research studies independently for a major investment area.
- The Analyst will interpret, manage, and analyze research data in order to translate results into solutions for Sr. Research Analysts to issue buy/sell recommendations.
- The focus will be on macro environment and industry conditions, company business strategy and management, historical financial trends, future expectations, volatility, among other factors.
- Analyses may focus on individual securities, classes of securities, or the development of quantitative decision-making models.
- Under moderate direction, performs evaluation of public information (annual reports, quarterly conference calls, newspapers, brokerage reports, etc.) Analyze variables such as regulatory actions and changing industry dynamics.
- Build financial and valuation models and other statistical analyses.
- Develop thesis document construction, investment memo writing, financial modeling, updating research management systems, and preparing materials for internal meetings, as needed.
- Interview with management, suppliers, competitors and customers from companies being researched
- Contributes to research leveraged to produce strong investment management performance and drive Alpha.
- The recommendations given by the analysts are the catalysts of research reports that are used in tangent with all investment considerations in order make investment decisions.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/Graduate degree preferred
- 3-5 years of investment experience preferred
- Strong financial acumen and financial modeling skills
- Experience in either dividend stocks or insurance preferred
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Internal Jobcode: 80027
Job: Asset Management
Organization: MELLON WITH TOH ADJ-HR13428
Requisition Number: 1905935
- directors and executives