- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $4,921.00 gross per month
This position is open to Alaska Residents only.
Please check our residency definition to determine if you qualify.
The Department of Health and Social Services, Senior and Disabilities Services is recruiting for a Research Analyst III.
The Research Analyst III in the Research and Analysis Unit, within the Division of Senior and Disabilities Services (SDS) joins a group of system administrators responsible for maintenance and operation of the division's Harmony database and all of the division's data driven processes and outputs. RA III will perform a variety of tasks ranging from direct end user support and database related trouble shooting to research and analysis related to division and department performance measures. The RA III will conducts complex performance driven research utilizing a variety of data sources and compile comprehensive reports communicating findings, gathering procedures, data source(s) and other parameters as they relate to the operations and management of programs administered by this division.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Daily database user support and account management;
- Routine database maintenance and configuration;
- Daily collaboration with contractor's help desk and front end users;
- Creation and maintenance of business process documentation;
- Creation and maintenance of routine and ad hoc SQL queries and reports;
- Collaborate with staff on process and data quality improvement activities;
- Performance based accountability tracking and analysis;
- Participate in implementation, coordination and validation of system performance and system updates and improvements;
- Facilitate development of new and enhancement of existing business processes;
- Triage daily inquiries and assistance requests from database users;
- Facilitate data integrity and clean-up activities.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and customer service skills;
- Thorough attention to detail;
- Note taking and documentation skills;
- Team-player and a self-starter;
- Inquisitive problem solver;
- Knowledge or willingness to learn in depth about Medicaid and programs operated through Senior and Disabilities Services;
- Ability to document, communicate and defend data findings to a variety of individuals;
- Ability to shift attention quickly among different projects and tasks;
- Ability to work in an environment with constantly changing priorities and deadlines;
- Ability to think critically, logically and analytically about processes and problems;
- Ability to break a process or problem into small manageable components;
- Proficiency in the use of Structured Query Language and working knowledge of large relational databases;
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Products.
To be considered for this position you must meet minimum qualifications and provide concise but comprehensive answers to the supplemental questions in order to highlight your knowledge skills and abilities as well as experience and qualifications to perform the duties and responsibilities outlined in this job recruitment.
To view the general description and example of duties for a Research Analyst III please go to the following link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/Alaska/classspecs
Graduation from an accredited college.
Two years of research and/or statistical analysis experience; with at least one year at the level of Research Analyst II with the State of Alaska or the equivalent.
Research or statistical analysis experience may substitute for the required education (3 semester or four quarter hours equals one month); graduate study may substitute for the required experience (2 semester or 3 quarter hours equals one month).
Transcripts which indicate the credit hours earned for the specific coursework may be requested at the time of interview or prior.
Desirable: Major course work in an academic field closely related to the research area assigned.
Additional Required Information
At time of interview applicant must submit:
- A copy of academic transcripts (Unofficial are okay, please ensure that the institution name is listed on the transcripts) if using to meet the minimum qualifications.
- Contact information for three professional references (at least 1 must be a current or former supervisor).
- Most recent performance evaluation (if you have one).
Please read the below information carefully. This applies to your application submission.
Your Knowledge, Skills and Abilities narrative will be considered a writing sample and will be used to determine which applicants will advance to the interview phase of the recruitment process. Please use complete sentences and proof-read your submissions when answering the supplemental questions.
To verifyeducation being used tomeet therequired minimum qualifications, you must fill in the Education section of the application. If you have not obtained a degree, please indicate the number of units completed. Copies of transcripts are required to verify educational credentialsbeing used to meet the minimum qualifications for a position and are required with each application. (Unofficial are okay, please ensure that the institution/URL name is listed on the transcripts). Transcripts can be attached at the time of application, provided at the time of interview, or if/when requested prior toscheduling aninterview.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR FOREIGN EDUCATION
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the above requirements, if applicable. If utilizing this education you must show that the education credentials have been submitted to a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign educational credentials and that such education has been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education programs; or an accredited U.S. state university reports the other institution as one whose transcript is given full value, or full value is given in subject areas applicable to the curricula at the state university. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Omission of required documentation listed will result in an incomplete application and you will not receive further consideration.
Whenusing work experience not already documented in your application,please provide the employer name, your job title, dates of employment, and whether full-or part-time. Applications will be reviewed to determine if the responses are supported and minimum qualifications are clearly met. Work experience needed to meetthe minimum qualifications must be documented in the application. If the application does not support minimum qualifications, the applicant may not advance to the interview and selection phase of the recruitment. A resume will not be used to determine that minimum qualifications have been met for the position in which you are applying.
If you are currently or previously been appointed to a flexibly staffed position please ensure your work experience within a flexibly staffed position indicates the actual dates employed at each level. Ensure your time and any subsequent flex promotion(s) are documented as a separate position. This is required as there are minimum qualifications that require experience at a particular level in which the lower level may not be considered. If this information is not accurately reflected in your application this may cause the processing of your application for consideration to be delayed.
NOTE: Attaching a resume or curriculum vitaeis not an alternative to filling out the application in its entirety. Noting "see resume or CV" or any similar response on any portion of your application may lead to a determination your application is incomplete and removal from consideration for this job posting.
The State of Alaska does not provide VISA Employer sponsorships.
This position is open to Alaska Residents only. Please check our residency definition to determine if you qualify.
This recruitment may be used for more than one (1) vacancy. The applicant pool acquired during this recruitment may be used for future vacancies for up to ninety (90) days after this recruitment closes. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply to each recruitment notice to ensure consideration for all vacancies.
You can ONLY apply for this position through the Workplace Alaska website or via hardcopy application. If you accessed this recruitment bulletin through a job search portal such as ALEXsys or any other database, you MUST use a Workplace Alaska online or hardcopy application to successfully apply. Instructions on how to apply with Workplace Alaska may be found on the Workplace Alaska "How to Apply" webpage, found here: http://doa.alaska.gov/dop/workplace/help/
Questions regarding the application process can be directed to the Workplace Alaska hotline at 800-587-0430 (toll free) or (907) 465- 4095. If you choose to be contacted by email, please ensure your email address is correct on your application and that the spam filter will permit email from the 'govermentjobs.com' domains. For information on allowing emails from the 'governmentjobs.com' domains, visit the Lost Password Help page located at https://www.governmentjobs.com/OnlineApplication/User/ResetPassword.
The State of Alaska complies with Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Individuals with disabilities, who require accommodation, auxiliary aides or services, or alternative communication formats, please call 1-800-587-4095 in Juneau or TTY: Alaska Relay 711 or 1-800-770-8973 or correspond with the
- customer service