- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Danaher Company Description
Leica Biosystems is a global leader in workflow solutions and automation. As the only company to own the workflow from biopsy to diagnosis, we are uniquely positioned to break down the barriers between each of these steps. Our mission of “Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives” is at the heart of our corporate culture. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence. The company is represented in over 100 countries. It has manufacturing facilities in 9 countries, sales and service organizations in 19 countries, and an international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Nussloch, Germany. VisitLeicaBiosystems.com for more information.
Leica Biosystems Imaging, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check.
Be sure to follow Leica Biosystems on LinkedIn!
Research Associates are responsible for the undertaking of research and development activities to support contracted pharma projects to develop companion diagnostics IVDs. The Research Associate will be responsible for performing required laboratory studies, including making observations, reporting data and providing results to support key decisions within the Pharma Partnerships business unit.
- Under the mentorship of the Technical Lead, perform routine laboratory operations tasks with supervision
- Executing feasibility, development and verification runs for Immunohistochemistry (IHC) and In Situ Hybridization (ISH) In Vitro Diagnostic assays
- H&E, automated biomarker staining on sectioned FFPE tissue samples
- Ensure all work is conducted in accordance with applicable protocols and work instructions and that all work is appropriately documented per procedure;
- Reagent preparation
- Data entry
- Edit Quality documents and maintain Quality records of development
- Work closely with Technical Lead to ensure deliverables are achieved in a timely manner through appropriate scheduling of work and communication on status of assigned tasks.
- Identifies obstacles to the success of the program and works with the team to develop counter measures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with all levels of staff is fundamental to this role; and
- Additional tasks as required
- Bachelor degree in scientific discipline or other related discipline required;
- Ideal candidate has 1 to 4 years’ industry experience preferably gained within an IVD development environment. Experience with IHC and ISH assay development is preferred;
- Histotechnologist skills (microtomy, tissue handling and staining) or slide scanning/image analysis are a plus;
- Ability to work in a regulated environment in which diagnostic assays are developed, commercialized and supported (i.e. FDA QSR, ISO 13485, etc.);
- Ability to evaluate and concisely articulate scientific issues and contribute to the implementation of solutions;
- Must exercise sound scientific judgement within defined practices and techniques;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills with desire to perform in a dynamic, highly collaborative environment is critical;
- Excellent prioritization skills to manage multiple tasks;
- Self-motivated and demonstrates a sense of urgency for project goals;
- Seeks and volunteers help when needed and is open to new challenges.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Organization: Leica Biosystems
Job Function: Science
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-MA-Danvers
Req ID: ADV001170
- ms project
- operating system
About the company
Danaher is a global science and technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life around the world. A global network of more than 20 operating companies, we drive meaningful innovation in some of today’s most dynamic industries through our operating companies in five strategic platforms: Life Sciences, Diagnostics, Dental, Water Quality and Product Identification. The engine at the heart of our success is the Danaher Business System (DBS), a set of tools that enables continuous improvement around lean, growth and leadership. Through the ingenuity of our people, the power of DBS and the impact of our meaningful technologies, we help realize life’s potential in ourselves and for those we serve.