- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Colorado Springs
Boulder, Colorado Employment Type:
Full-TimePosting Close Date:
03-Dec-2019 Close All Job SummaryThe University of Colorado’s Center for Health and Neuroscience, Genes and Environment (CUChange) has a postdoctoral research associate position available. This role will mainly coordinate with the Pl and investigative team in order to manage the collection of behavioral and biological data, correspondence with the IRB regarding updates and amendments to relevant protocols, and supervision and training of research staff. The postdoctoral research associate will work closely with the PI to assure data quality control and the assurance of data safety and monitoring and in this role will assist the PI to conduct quarterly meetings with the lab.Who We AreWe are a motivated team that conducts transdisciplinary research exploring factors linked with health and risk behavior in regard to exercise, Cannabis use, and alcohol consumption. We seek a postdoctoral Research Associate to supervise NIH-funded grants on cannabis and health research. What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Investigative team in order to manage the collection of behavioral and biological data, correspondence with the IRB regarding updates and amendments to relevant protocols, and supervision and training of research staff.
- Assure data quality control and the assurance of data safety and monitoring and conduct quarterly meetings with the external Data Safety and Monitoring Board.
- Support for grant writing, data management and analysis, and manuscript preparation will also be expected.
- Take a lead role in analyzing data, preparing data for presentation at professional conferences, and submit manuscripts for publication.
BenefitsThe University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be StatementsBe Accomplished. Be Impactful. Be Boulder.What We Require
- PhD in Neuroscience, Psychology, or equivalent degree and skillset.
What You Will Need
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with study staff, postdoctoral researchers, undergraduates, principal investigators, and other laboratories.
- Highly proficient in R, SAS, or comparable statistical software.
- Thorough understanding of core health science concepts.
- Outstanding empirical writing skills.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience supervising and mentoring junior staff and students.
- REDCap project design and management.
- Experience running research protocols with human participants.
Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
- Optional: Proof of Degree - if degree was obtained abroad.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- human resources
- ms project
- quality control