- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Are you passionate about cutting edge technologies, have an investigative mindset and excited about identifying new approaches or new solutions?
Do you enjoy participating in exploratory projects, early prototyping, and being a technical influence through proof of concept?
Are you seeking to discover new solutions in:
- Hyper-scale enabling data management & next generation storage architectures
- Flash, storage class memory, NVMe and similar technologies
- Cloud technologies, hybrid data-centers
- Security including governance and analytics
- Microservices, and serverless computing
- Machine learning, AI ecosystems and technologies
- Big Data, stream processing and real-time analytics
- File systems design, security, deduplication, scalability and performance
- Blockchain, and distributed ledger technologies
- Internet of Things, and edge computing
The Advanced Technology Group within NetApp is responsible for researching, prototyping, and evaluating new ideas. We work directly with internal product groups to apply these ideas to existing and future products, thus having a directional impact on the Storage Industry. We also take pride in our strong publication record including multiple test of time papers, sponsoring university research and collaborate with research groups at many U.S. Universities. See atg.netapp.com for more information.To learn more about ATG at NetApp, check out a recent podcast here.
In this role, you will participate in all phases of an advanced development project, from definition through technology transfer including:
- Concept Research & Analysis
- Software development
- Reliability & Performance analysis
- Patent and publication generation
- Presentation and evangelization both internally and externally
Strong oral and written communication skills are essential - Work collaboratively within an engineering team environment to deliver on challenging goals - Possesses sufficient technical knowledge and experience to pick up new expertise quickly - Strong aptitude for working with new technologies as driven by emerging applications - Ability to trade-off technical and business aspects to deliver the most compelling solution - Solid understanding of computer science concepts - Strong systems knowledge and experience is preferred - Ability to estimate work completion required to build an overall predictable plan - Follow standard engineering principles and practices - Resourceful in applying creative ideas to solve problems
Responsibility and Interaction:
Responsibility: Responsible for non-routine and unstructured tasks, requiring creative solutions with more interdependencies and with processes that are less defined - The individual works on complex problems with partially defined, larger scope - May work with teams across the company in problem solving and design efforts - The individual will begin to develop a technical specialty
Interaction: Work effectively with staff to senior manager level employees within the function and the technical team on assigned projects. There may be communication with employees in other functions within Business Units as required - Work independently - Successfully convey information to stakeholders at many levels related to the position - Participate as a proactive contributor and subject matter expert on team projects - Demonstrate favorable results through coaching and influencing others
- A minimum of 5 years of experience or PhD is required
- Demonstrated ability to have completed complex technical projects
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.