- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK US
Are you passionate about cutting edge technologies, have an investigative mindset and excited about identifying new approaches or new solutions?
Do you enjoy participating in exploratory projects, early prototyping, and being a technical influence through proof of concept?
Are you seeking to discover new solutions in:
- Hyper-scale enabling data management & next generation storage architectures
- Flash, storage class memory, NVMe and similar technologies
- Cloud technologies, hybrid data-centers
- Security including governance and analytics
- Microservices, and serverless computing
- Machine learning, AI ecosystems and technologies
- Big Data, stream processing and real-time analytics
- File systems design, security, deduplication, scalability and performance
- Blockchain, and distributed ledger technologies
- Internet of Things, and edge computing
The Advanced Technology Group within NetApp is responsible for researching, prototyping, and evaluating new ideas. We work directly with internal product groups to apply these ideas to existing and future products, thus having a directional impact on the Storage Industry. We also take pride in our strong publication record including multiple test of time papers, sponsoring university research and collaborate with research groups at many U.S. Universities. See atg.netapp.com for more information.To learn more about ATG at NetApp, check out a recent podcast here.
In this role, you will participate in all phases of an advanced development project, from definition through technology transfer including:
- Concept Research & Analysis
- Software development
- Reliability & Performance analysis
- Patent and publication generation
- Presentation and evangelization both internally and externally
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills- Work collaboratively within a team of other engineers and have strong influencing and leadership skills- Generalist technical knowledge within department and working knowledge of major system component interactions; Recognized expert in a portion of product area- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies - Ability to estimate work completion required to build an overall predictable plan - Strong generalist understanding of concepts related to computer architecture, data structures and standard programming practices- Develop longer-range project plans and schedules for individual or work for a small team- Creative and analytical approach to problem solving Responsibility and Interaction:- Responsibility: - Responsible for unstructured tasks and the issues addressed are less defined requiring new perspectives, creative approaches and with more interdependencies- Apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving problems that are complex in scope requiring in-depth evaluation Interaction: - Work effectively with staff to Vice-President level employees within the function, across functions and with external parties - Limited supervision and direction is provided, as this individual can operate, drive results and set priorities independently - Successfully convey information to stakeholders at many levels related to the position- Work effectively with senior engineers within Business Unit- Participate as a proactive contributor and subject matter expert- Demonstrate favorable results through regular leadership and mentoring others
Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience; or equivalent experience.