- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
RESIDENTIAL CARE ADVISOR
ABOUT PITTSBURGH MERCY
We’re a community-based health and human services organization using person-centered care to treat our area’s most vulnerable populations. We work with families in settings that are safe and familiar to them, and view them as equal partners when planning, developing, and monitoring care.
Our mission is to be a compassionate, transforming presence within our communities. We reach out to offer help – and hope – to people who are experiencing:
- Mental illness and substance abuse
- Physical health needs
- Intellectual disabilities
- Traumatic events or circumstances, including homelessness + abuse ABOUT THE ROLE
Our Residential Care Advisors provide assistance and training to individuals with Intellectual Disabilities/Serious Mental Illness in our residential treatment facility. We’re looking for people who have experience developing and mentoring a team, and who believe in a strengths-based approach, and use positive practices to help guide their everyday activities.
In any given day, you might take residents to appointments, interact with family members, assist individuals with skill building, offer emotional support, take residents on community outings, etc. We’re looking for employees who are professional, flexible, compassionate, and can remain composed in stressful situations.
This is a team-based position. Our sites are like your family home! Your dependability, integrity, empathy for others (both persons served and your fellow employees), and dedication to teamwork are essential to this position.
- Must have a valid PA driver’s license and be able to drive an organization automobile/van
- Must have Act 33/34/73 Clearances upon hire
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree or 4 years experience in the human service field SCHEDULE: Tuesday - Friday 2pm - 10pm
About the company