- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- St. Louis
Job ID: 1189079
Employment Status: Part-Time
Your Career. Made Better. Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University Medical Center is the largest hospital in Missouri and is ranked as one of the nation's top hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Barnes-Jewish Hospital's staff is composed of Full time academic faculty and community physicians of Washington University School of Medicine, supported by a house staff of residents, interns, fellows and other medical professionals. Recognizing its excellence in nursing care, Barnes-Jewish Hospital was the first adult hospital in Missouri to be certified as a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Since 1981, Independence Center has focused on providing programs and services that assist adults in the St. Louis metropolitan area with serious and persistent mental illnesses to live and work in the community, independently through rehabilitation, employment, education, social and housing opportunities. In collaboration with Barnes-Jewish Hospital and BJC HealthCare, the Center also provides clinical, case management and partial hospitalization services.
Join Us! Role Purpose
Responsible for assisting with direct resident care under the supervision of a Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP).
- Performs assigned patient care activities, assists nurse, and documents care given.
- Observes residents for psychiatric stability, assists residents in meeting their goals, and coordinates with community support staff and residential services team.
- Helps residents maintain and improve their housing skills by assisting in meal preparation, laundry, and cleaning.
- Documents care provided. Minimum Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED Experience
- Supervisor Experience
- No Experience Preferred Requirements and Additional Job Information
- Associate's Degree Experience
- 2-5 years Licenses & Certifications
- Certified Nurse Assistant Benefits StatementNote: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
.Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Memorial Medical Group, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
Legal Statement The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer