- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Resilience Partner - 00266747
Primary Location:US-New Jersey-Whippany
Posting Range:4 Apr 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title: Resilience Partner
Location: 400 Jefferson park, Whippany, NJ
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
About Barclays in the US
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City. In 2017, Barclays announced plans to create a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey, for our Technology, Operations and Functional teams in the US. Other principal locations include Delaware, Nevada, Ohio and Maine.
About Chief Security Office
The Chief Security Office (CSO) is a fully global team, with colleagues across Europe, Asia and the Americas. We support the business in ensuring confidentiality, integrity and availability of the firm’s information assets, and in implementing world-class security solutions to meet business needs
CSO operates critical controls and works in partnership with the business to ensure our customers can trust Barclays to protect their sensitive information, and that the security of our critical infrastructure, staff, and assets is maintained.
Overall Purpose of role
Reporting to the Business Unit Resilience Head, responsibilities include supporting Business Unit Resilience across a portfolio of business areas within Barclays International, working within the business to deliver an acceptable Risk position and assisting the BU to ensure compliance against the Barclays Group Resilience Policy.
Working with the Business Unit Resilience Head to develop, maintain and improve a business aligned, efficient and effective, Resilience Programme. To provide strategic advice to Senior Stakeholders; supporting and guiding the business area to construct and maintain well controlled, resilient processes.
Providing support in terms of:
· Crisis Management; Education & Awareness; Governance & Reporting; Risk Management; Front to Back Business Risk Analysis; Provisioning and resilience strategies; Plan Development; Documentation and Maintenance; Information Technology Awareness and Business Validation
· Ensuring that the Resilience toolsets are maintained, updated and reflective of the businesses preparedness in response to an event, incident and/or crisis.
· Support implementation of global standard processes across Barclays International.
· Develop a subject matter expertise in local resilience regulatory requirements.
· Ensure the requirements are fully met and open audit issues are closely followed until closure.
· Act as a key point of contact for resilience related matters for the business area supported.
· Support and deliver against the business units Resilience strategy, providing ongoing support of established governance to maintain the Resilience (including recovery) capabilities.
· Ensure the business adopts the Group’s approach towards the management of resilience and operate in such a way that ensures services to all stakeholders, clients and customers are not materially impacted during adverse events.
· Ensure resilience is appropriately owned within the business and embedded as part of business planning, management and development.
· Provide strategic direction and resilience guidance to all key stakeholders
· Support business areas in identifying and documenting Front-to-Back processes (F2BPs) and help define the overall requirements that support the F2BP.
· Engage with SME’s to assess any Supplier, Technology or Premises Resilience requirements.
· Lead the business
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.