- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Gaylord Hotels is a multi-location hospitality brand guided by a single focus: extraordinary meetings and conventions. From guest rooms and meeting space, to entertainment and dining all in a self-contained environment, Gaylord Hotels makes meeting planning easy and provides attendees great networking opportunities. As a Gaylord Hotels STAR, you'll bring your warm smile, genuine excitement and a “consider it done” spirit to work.In return, you’ll experience the rewards of growing your career among a team of professionals with a passion for excellence. Ready for a change?Take the initiative.Enjoy the Rewards.
Areas of responsibility include Restaurants/Bars and Room Service, if applicable. Supervises daily restaurant operations and assists with menu planning, maintains sanitation standards and assists servers and hosts on the floor during peak meal periods. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of responsibility. Determines training needed to accomplish goals, then implements plan.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 5 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, event management, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 3 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, event management, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Day-to-Day Operations
• Ensures compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards and procedures by training, supervising, follow-up and hands on management.
• Estimate food, liquor, wine, and other beverage consumption in order to anticipate amounts to be purchased or requisitioned.
• Monitors alcohol beverage service in compliance with local laws.
• Order and purchase equipment and supplies.
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
Leading Food and Beverage Team
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Develops business goals and creates appropriate development plans based on their individual strengths, development needs, career aspirations and abilities.
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Develops means to improve profit, including estimating cost and benefit, exploring new business opportunities, etc.
• Estimates cost and benefit ratio, maintaining balance between profit and service satisfaction.
• Ensures that expectations and objectives are clearly communicated to subordinates; subordinates are also open to raise questions and/or concerns.
• Establishes challenging, realistic and obtainable goals to guide operation and performance.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Acts as the guest service role model for the restaurants, sets a good example of excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Manages service delivery in outlets to ensure excellent service from point of entry to departure (e.g., greeting from hostess, speed of order taking and food and beverage delivery, fulfillment of special requests, collection of payment & invitation to return).
• Meets with guests on an informal basis during meals or upon departure to obtain feedback on quality of food and beverage, service levels and overall satisfaction.
• Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
• Reviews findings from comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees to develop appropriate corrective action.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Strives to improve service performance.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Administers the performance appraisal process for direct report managers.
• Conducts hourly employee performance appraisals according to Standard Operating Procedures.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job s for each position.
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably. Strives to improve employee retention.
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
• Interviews and hires management and hourly employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Manages beverage purchasing and control procedures and ensures staff is trained accordingly.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and or managers.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Informs and/or updates peers and subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Works with the Chef and restaurant managers to develop promotions, food and wine pairings, menu items and presentations.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- business administration
- customer service