- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We invite you to explore the award-winning culture, people, rewards and opportunities that make Comerica Bank so special. Make your next career choice a confident one.
- Associates Degree from an accredited college OR 60 college credits and 1 year of Customer Service experience OR High School Diploma/GED and 3 years of Customer Service Experience
- 1 year of experience in Retail or Financial sales OR 1 year of experience in Consumer/Business sales development experience
- 1 year of experience utilizing Microsoft Office Products including Word, Excel, and Power Point
Retail Personal Banker I
The Retail Personal Banker (RPB) role will be responsible for contributing to the overall success of a Retail Banking Center by committing to banker-readiness, conducting marketing activities leading to revenue growth in loans, deposits and noninterest income, contributing to the prescribed customer experience levels, maintaining disciplined operational objectives, while striving for excellence in execution in each of the mentioned areas. This role's work schedule involves occasional evenings and Saturdays and requires the lifting and movement of currency/coin packages weighing up to 25 pounds.
Successful incumbents have composure, listening skills, a drive for results, time management, are customer focused, and can develop peer relationships.
- Executes the proactive marketing activities for the attraction, retention and expansion of customers.
- Completes assigned Daily Planning activities.
- Provides effective New Customer Onboarding and Customer Engagement by, in part, routinely strengthening new customer relationships, introducing new and existing customers to Comerica's product and services, addressing customer questions, e.g., how-to use products and services and follows-up on a timely basis.
- Participates in the acquisition of consumer and business clients through the effective use of targeted leads, self- sourcing new business, managing referral source relationships.
- Supports Portfolio Management efforts to retain, expand and increase the number of portfolio customers in the Banking Center.
- Impacts the revenue growth of the Banking Center.
- Other duties as assigned. Operational Risk
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and Comerica's policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance and completion of necessary compliance related training.
- Impacts the operational and risk activities and related results for the RPB role when opening accounts, loans and serving customers.
- Adheres to all Banking Center Risk Assessment and Compliance standards
- Controls losses by following policies and procedures.
- Utilizes approval authority within guidelines, including approving CSR Transactions.
- Other duties as assigned. Customer Experience Management
- Able to assess needs and add value to customers and prospects.
- Educates and fulfills customer requests, routine and complex.
- Resolves customer complaints.
- Maintains and adds value to deepen existing relationships.
- Provides transactional customer service, including but not limited to the following: accept and process deposits, withdrawals and payments and handle other over the counter and mail transactions, as needed.
- Impacts the customer experience by following defined customer experience guidelines and other customer experience behaviors and feedback as needed.
- Other duties as assigned. Partnership
- Impacts the efforts that support Banking Center Collaboration.
- Develops a relationship with the partner to support business development.
- Identifies opportunities to add value to customers by introducing them to partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
Mon-Thurs: 8:30 am to 5:30 pm; Fri: 8:30 am to 6:30 pm Friday; Some Saturday Hours Required; Full-time hours will be scheduled during the hours listed.
About the company