- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Google accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities at Google. As a member of this team, you know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You'll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and you'll review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports -- and all this sounds like fun to you. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our global team, advocate best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it's all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support Google's business objectives.
As Revenue Systems Analyst, you will be a key contributor with experience working with global and high tech companies. You will leverage technical and project management skills to enhance existing systems, scope and design new financial systems, and drive efficiency improvements. Analysts on the Global Revenue Systems team collaborate with multiple teams to ensure that we have robust, scalable accounting and reporting processes to support our accounting operations and deliver on external data requests.
In this role, you will execute our code based monthly accounting operations and implement opportunities to optimize our operations through programmatic automations. You will contribute excellent attention to detail and the ability to work well with other teams, provide outstanding customer service, and deliver on deadlines.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience using SQL across standard commercial databases or equivalent experience in other programming languages.
- Experience working in teams committing code and working with version control.
- Experience driving operational process improvements.
- Knowledge of standard finance systems (e.g., Hyperion, OBIEE, SAP) and core finance processes.
- Ability to multi-task and apply initiative and creativity on challenging projects.
- Passionate about developing and analyzing large, complex data sets and converting them into information/insights to drive business decisions at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent business judgment, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Work with cross-functional departments including Accounting, Tax, Compliance, Legal, Engineering, Statutory Reporting, on reporting related activities and system initiatives.
- Critically evaluate data gathered from multiple sources, identify, gaps, reconcile conflicts, and decompose high-level information into details to drive decision-making.
- Partner with internal teams to define and implement solutions that improve accounting and reporting processes. Architect innovative solutions to automate and scale reporting.
- Utilize SQL to provide financial data for internal and external financial reporting.
- Maintain best practices across technical design, solution development, systems configuration, test documentation/execution, issue identification and resolution, and writing modular and self-sustaining code.
- ms project
About the company
Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success.
We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate